A fresh batch of content has just arrived for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 in the form of a seasonal event titled Operation Absolute Zero. The free content drop delivers new content across all modes, including a new Specialist, new Blackout map location and vehicle, a special holiday-themed event, personalisation items and accessories, new gear and more. The content is currently available on PlayStation 4 and comes to PC and Xbox One soon after.
Operation Absolute Zero includes:
• A New Specialist – Players can reprogram the flow of combat with Zero, who is available in both Multiplayer and Blackout modes. Zero can disrupt and distract enemies with powerful hacking, altering the flow of battle.
• New Black Market Gear – A new Assault Rifle and fast-firing SMG come to the Black Market which players can unlock by playing through Contraband Tiers. Plus, fans can collect new tactical outfits, personalisation accessories, new characters to use in Blackout, and special gift-wrapped melee weapons – all in time for the holidays.
• New Blackout Location and Updates – Hijacked is the latest destination in Blackout, inspired by the intense classic multiplayer map from Call of Duty: Black Ops II. Fans can loot the luxury yacht to gear up for a firefight and battle opponents on their way to the final circle. There’s also a new armoured vehicle called the ARAV with a turret-mounted machine gun.
• New Festive Holiday Event – After Operation Absolute Zero arrives, the holidays will come to Blackout with special event tiers of seasonal items to unlock, thematic map decorations, and even throwable snowballs.
• New Zombies Features – Daily Callings provide new gameplay challenges that reward Zombies players with bonus XP and Nebulium Plasma upon completion. The Black Ops Authenticity Stamp system gives players the ability to verify and share the results of their game online along with Black Market Tier progression bonuses for playing Zombies each day.
Operation Absolute Zero is what every player receives for free. Now, there’s even more content available for the players who forked out for the premium “Black Ops Pass.”
• 2 New Multiplayer Maps: Elevation is a medium-sized map set in a cliffside town in the mountains of Nepal. Madagascar is a larger map set on a rural plateau. The town sits atop a hill where a medical-relief convoy has been ambushed, and it is surrounded by flanking routes with diverse, natural environments.
• New Zombies Experience, Dead of the Night – This undead experience is set in 1912 and drops players into a lavish estate owned by the famed relic-hunter Alistair Rhodes. An unlikely crew of heroes band together, equipped with all-new weapons to fight the mysterious force and new enemies such as vampires and werewolves. Dead of the Night stars an iconic cast of actors including Helena Bonham Carter, 24’s Kiefer Sutherland, Brian Blessed and Game of Thrones’ Charles Dance.
• New Blackout Character, Reaper – Get instant access to the cyborg mercenary Reaper, a fan-favourite Specialist character from Black Ops III, now available in Blackout.
There are plenty of reasons to jump back on board with Call of Duty: Black Ops 4. Not that we had stopped playing.