Every product is carefully selected by our editors and experts. If you buy from a link, we may earn a commission. Why trust us?

Putterball

Beer Pong for Golfers: Putterball Has Arrived

Beer pong is all well and good when you’re inside, but what happens when your party is more of the outdoor type—the kind that has you gathered around a BBQ grill, the pool, and the backyard or patio? You need a game that matches the setting, and the Putterball Drinking Game matches the situation.

You’ll also like:
Play Like Never Before with PXG’s Radical Approach to Golf Clubs
Infamous Golf Club from ‘Goldfinger’ Sells for $79 Million
Vice Turns the adidas UltraBoost into a Steezy Golf Shoe

Putterball 2

Designed to appeal to everyone, whether you’re a golfer or not, Putterball is a game all your guests and friends can enjoy. “When we say that anyone can play Putterball, we damn well mean it,” says the Putterball Kickstarter page. “Other backyard golf games require the skills of a PGA Tour pro to enjoy. We’re not about that life. We love the game of golf as much as the next person, but we are realists. We know golf is f***ing hard. With that being said, anyone who has ever played mini golf (we estimate about 99 percent of the population) has the chance to become a Putterball master. The other 1 percent should drink an extra beer first.”

Putterball is a portable, foldable board made of high-density foam. The board has six holes on each side, which can be covered or uncovered with turf hole covers. Gameplay has teams taking puts across the green. When one of the puts sinks into a hole, the cup is covered, blocking it off from play. A winner is determined by who sinks shots into all the holes before the other team does. The playing course is 12 feet long and 2 feet wide and the whole kit comes with the green, two golf balls, two putters, and 12 turf hole covers. It works on any surface, both inside and out. This is a game that can actually be played by the entire family, or you can spice it up and add a drinking penalty to each shot made or missed (or both). You can start having fun at your next party with an investment of just $179.95.

Check it out

Putterball 1

You’ll also like:
Play Like Never Before with PXG’s Radical Approach to Golf Clubs
Infamous Golf Club from ‘Goldfinger’ Sells for $79 Million
Vice Turns the adidas UltraBoost into a Steezy Golf Shoe

About the author

About the author
STAFF WRITER

Mr Mark Jessen

Mark Jessen studied English at Brigham Young University, completing a double emphasis in creative writing and professional writing/editing. After graduating, Mark went to work for a small publisher as their book editor. After a brief time as a freelance writer, Mark entered the corporate world as a copywriter. These days, his hours are spent mostly in proofing and editing, though he continues to create content for a wide variety of projects. In 2017, Mark completed UCLA's Creative Writing Certification. A prolific writer, Mark has over 20 years of experience in journalism.