Stop picking those pimples, stop applying way too much cologne and for crying out loud please clean the wax out of those ears! Aaron Marino of alpha m. is here to cure you of your grooming grossness. In his own one-of-a-kind way, Aaron goes over 10 common grooming mistakes dudes make and how to avoid making them from here on out. There’s no excuse not to keep these 10 things under wraps, especially with alpha’s advice.
For those who don’t like YouTube videos (for whatever reason), here’s a breakdown of the top 10 grooming mistakes men most commonly make:
- Unibrow – They’re called eyebrows, as in two of them, for a reason.
- Too Much Cologne – No one wants to walk by you and hurl, or feel like they’ve just exposed themselves to a month’s worth of harmful chemicals.
- Dirty Ears – The only wax in your life should be surf wax, a nice vinyl record collection at home, or maybe just a touch of occasional hair wax.
- Dirty Nails – You’re not a car mechanic, so why do your nails look like you just changed someone’s oil with no gloves on?
- Neck Beard – This facial faux pas might work with artists, but if you’re “Jim in accounting” then it just makes you look like a hipster wannabe.
- Nose/Ear Hair – Aaron rolls these two grooming mistakes into one nice package and then tells you to get rid of both.
- Hair Peeking Out of Collar – A smarmy Italian disco fanatic from the late 70s called–he wants its hairy chest look back. You should give it to him.
- Going Too Long in Between Haircuts – It’s not called procrastination, it’s called looking like a sloppy fool.
- Bad Breath – Do we really need to be the ones informing you that bad breath is a grooming mistake?
- Comb Over – Like the infamous mullet, the comb-over still exists, and it looks as dumb now as it ever did.
For all those making grooming mistakes out there, start by amending them. Next, check out alpha’s other videos so that you can refine your grooming routine and work on confidence and style. With Aaron’s help, you just might become a modern man.
Looking for more grooming pointers? Be sure to check out our 13 of the Best Men’s Combs for Your Hair and Beard and our List of Grooming Products Every Man Should Own.