For their new season campaign of 2021, Tommy Hilfiger is sharing their platform with pivotal future makers and loyal customers alike. Loosely inspired by hip-hop and rap battles, the iconic brand is launching “Pass the Mic,” which encourages people to show, stand up, and speak up. At the heart of the campaign is the core belief that every single individual has the power to change the world, first through words and then through action. The brand is passing the mic around in quite literal fashion and giving everyone a voice in the process. What will you say when it’s your time to speak?
An impressive slate of forward-thinking and diverse talent has come aboard for Hilfiger’s latest campaign. Each participant embodies a specific theme and spreads their unique message before passing the microphone onto you. Here’s the complete line-up:
- Yara Shahidi (USA) on Confidence: “I am the ‘I’ in light. I am the reason the future is so bright.” One of Hollywood’s most heralded young talents, the award-winning actress, producer, and full-time Harvard University student will empower greatness by focusing on Confidence.
- Anthony Ramos (U.S.A.) On Community: “We change the world by redesigning who we are, but never forgetting where we came from.” The Grammy-winning and Emmy nominated singer and actor highlights Community through his addictive sounds, provocative lyrics, and tireless loyalty to the truth.
- Jack Harlow (U.S.A) On Commitment: “Words mean nothing if they’re not well said.” With striking authenticity, smooth melodies, and clever quips, the multi-platinum rapper explores Commitment to captivating effect.
- “Wizkid” (Nigeria) On Character: “How many tries? And still you rise.” A millennial pioneer for African entertainment, the Grammy-winning singer-songwriter tackles the topic of Character through his well-connected international platform.
- Kim Soo-Hyun (Korea) On Change: “Our little movement towards the future makes beautiful waves and changes the world.” A star of both TV and film, the acclaimed actor highlights Change by always standing up for what he believes in.
- DJ Cassidy (U.S.A.) On “Pass the Mic”: “Pass the mic and share your light. Every person, every voice can change the world. So, what do you have to say?” Creator of the groundbreaking “Pass the Mic” series, the world-renowned DJ unites musical icons and transforms audience experience by passing the mic from home to home.
To foster the true spirit of diversity, inclusivity, participation, and change, Hilfiger’s future-makers are passing the mic onto you. Each participating talent invites consumers to contact the brand by sending a Direct Message (DM) via Instagram in the form of a voice note. That gives you the chance to let your individual voice shine as you speak directly on personal inspirations and what the future means for you.
About the new campaign, Tommy Hilfiger said the following: “When we “Pass the mic” to the next person, we are inviting everyone to be a part of the conversation to foster connection for long-lasting change. We believe each of us has the power to affect the world, to change it, to inspire, to bring people together—and it’s crucial we do it now. Through respect and bravery, we are providing a platform for audiences to listen and learn from each other.”
He went on to add, “As a brand, it is no longer OK to sit back and do what we have always done. Our consumers are active and entering conversations that promote change. We want to not only help them spread their stories, but support their individualized journeys.”
In addition to its wide-reaching platform of participation, the new “Pass the Mic” campaign will also feature Hilfiger’s latest collection. New releases will be joined by statement makers from the brand’s own archives, cultivating a seamless blend of modern prep and iconic heritage. Every piece was crafted using more sustainable methods and materials, as part of the label’s misstion to Waste Nothing and Welcome All.
This season, Tommy Hilfiger is passing the mic around and leaving no one behind. If you have something—anything—to say, now is the time to speak. Hit up the brand’s Instagram page and let your voice be heard.