When you roll with the American Express Explorer Card, prepare for some truly sweet benefits in return. Just how sweet, you ask? Try 50k bonus Membership Rewards Points when you apply through this link, are approved, and spend $3,000 on your new card in the first 3 months from the Card approval date. Of course, the usual T&Cs and eligibility criteria apply. Remember, this offer is available to new American Express Card Members only, meaning those who haven’t owned an American Express card in the last 18 months.
Should you qualify for the Explorer Card, prepare for some serious perks, and not just the 50k bonus Membership Rewards Points. For starters, you’ll get a $400 Travel Credit per year, which offsets the $395 annual fee and goes toward any eligible flights, hotels, experiences, or cars booked and paid for through American Express Travel. You’ll also receive two complimentary passes to the American Express lounge at Sydney or Melbourne International Airport.
The advantages keep rolling in for American Express Explorer Card holders. Not only does the card offer complimentary smartphone screen insurance, but you get free travel insurance when you use your Explorer Card to pay for eligible travel. You also earn 2 Membership Rewards points for every $1 you spend on purchases (except government bodies, where you earn 1 point per every $1 spent). Because there’s no cap on earn rate, you can rake in Membership Rewards points regardless of how much you spend every month.
Here are more perks you’ll receive as an Explorer Card Member:
- The ability to transfer your points to a choice of 8 airlines, including Virgin Australia and Singapore Airlines at a 2:1 transfer rate.
- Book two consecutive nights’ stay and enjoy a hotel credit up to US$100 and a room upgrade, (when available) at properties part of The Hotel Collection.
- Medical Emergency Expenses Cover up to $2,500,000 towards medical treatment.
- Travel Cancellation Cover up to $30,000 in the event your travel is cancelled for specific reasons.
- Baggage, Money and Documentation Cover up to $10,000 to cover loss or damage to baggage, money or documents.
- Travel Inconvenience Insurance up to $500 if your flight departure is delayed for four hours or more.
- A promotional balance transfer offer of 0% p.a. for the first 12 months to help you save on interest repayments and pay your other balances sooner. A one-off 1% credit plan establishment fee applies and you can transfer up to 70% of your approved credit limit to a maximum of $10,000. This offer is for new applicants only.
To qualify for the American Express Explorer Card, you need to earn a minimum annual income of $65,000. Compare that to the Platinum Card, for which a minimum income of $100,000 applies. And while there’s an annual fee of $395 for the Explorer Card, the fee is wiped out by the travel credit of $400, presuming you travel at least once a year. What’s more, you’ll earn 50,000 bonus Membership Rewards points when you apply through this link, are approved, and spend $3,000 on your new card in the first 3 months from the Card approval date. Remember, this offer is available to new American Express Card Members only.
If you are indeed an explorer (who earns 65k or more per year), this card quite literally has your name written all over it. Don’t hesitate to sign up and start taking advantage of its numerous benefits. And don’t forget to tell them we sent you.
Note: Man of Many maintains affiliate relationships with trusted online stores and partners. These links allow us to earn a small commission on the sale of products and by clicking the links above, not only will you save money, but you’ll also be supporting the site to produce more content.