The Nomad Base Station Apple Watch Charges Everything
Wireless charging is a convenience of modern life that is bordering on being a necessity, but it can also be frustrating with the constant readjusting to find the exact right position and the need to take turns with your devices. Nomad announced the Base Station Apple Watch as an answer to those problems. The wireless charger was to provide multiple-coil charging, now it’s here, and they’ve even got a spot for your watch.
Nomad Base Station Apple Watch Edition Features
- Integrated MFi-certified Apple Watch Charger
- Charges up to 5 devices simultaneously
- 10W wireless charging
- Padded leather wireless charging surface
- USB-C PD 18W port
- USB-A 7.5W Port
- Ambient light sensor dims LEDs at night
The Base Station Apple Wacth looks very similar to Nomad’s Base Station wireless charger. It has the same slim profile. It’s also dressed up in the same black leather with grey aluminium. On the back, there’s a USB-C plug that is used for power, and the front sports three LEDs that indicate the device’s status. The changes are found on the inside. Instead of three copper charging coils, the Base Station Apple Watch boasts 18. It also uses Aira’s FreePower wireless charging technology. Aira’s FreePower coils are embedded into the printed circuit board, which means that the device can be much thinner.
In the case of the Base Station Apple Watch, the charger is just 1.2 centimetres thick. Multiple charging coils also mean that the likelihood of aligning your device’s charging coil with that of the Base Station’s is increased. A better connection between the two reduces wasted energy and helps prevent excess heat. Less heat means fewer fans to keep it cool, and less noise from said fans.
The Base Station Apple Watch can charge up to three devices at the same time. The challenge is that the charger is limited to 10W wireless charging. A little lower than some other options on the market, but remember, you’re charging simultaneously, so in the long run you’ll be saving time. The Base Station Apple Watch is priced at AU$176.
- Works with all Qi-enabled devices
- Works with AirPods Pro and AirPods with Wireless Charging Case
- Does not charge iPad Pro through the Magic Keyboard
Apple Watch Charger:
- 44mm / 42mm and 40mm / 38mm compatible
- Apple Watch, Apple Watch Sport, and Apple Watch Edition
- Series 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & SE (Ceramic, Titanium, Steel, Aluminum, Sport, and Nike versions)
- Does not work with most protective Apple Watch cases
You’ll also like:
Belkin 3-in-1 Wireless Charging Station Eliminates Cords
Don’t Think Apple’s $81 Billion Result Means We’re Getting the iPhone 13 Early
8 Best USB Charging Luggage and Suitcases