If you earn an annual income of $100,000 or more, then the American Express Platinum Card definitely belongs in your wallet. Touting a sleek metal profile, the card comes loaded with perks and makes for the ideal choice among businessmen and frequent fliers, in particular. To make a great thing even greater, Amex has extended its introductory offer of 80,000 Membership Rewards points if you meet the minimum spend criteria of $3,000 on your new card in the first 3 months. This offer is available to new Card Members only.
Since you need an annual income of $100,000 just to qualify, we don’t imagine it will be difficult meeting the spend criteria and thus raking in the full 150k Membership Rewards points. Just a reminder: this offer is available to new Card Members only.
In addition to all those bonus points for new Card Members, the American Express Platinum Card delivers a slew of choice perks. Among them is a $450 travel credit, Elite Hotel Status, complimentary Accor Plus membership, entry into the Fine Hotels & Resorts program, access for you and one guest to the American Express Global Lounge Collection, Platinum Concierge, travel insurance (when you use your Amex Platinum Card for purchases), Fraud Protection, and so much more. Yes, there’s an annual fee of $1,250, but as they always say in this world: you get what you pay for.
To be as clear as humanly possible: the 80,000 Membership Reward Bonus Points are only available to new American Express Card Members, who are approved and meet the spend criteria. Card Members who currently hold or who have previously held any Card product issued by American Express Australia Limited in the proceeding 18 month period are ineligible for this offer. Please allow 8-10 weeks for the bonus points to be credited to your account after the spend criteria has been met. This advertised offer is not applicable or valid in conjunction with any other advertised or promotional offer.
To qualify for the American Express Platinum Card, you must meet the following criteria:
- Have an annual income of $100,000 or more
- Have no history of bad debt or payment default
- Be aged 18 years or over
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
In return, you’ll receive the following benefits:
- $450 travel credit
- Entry into the Fine Hotels & Resorts program (average total value AUD$700)
- Elite Hotel Status
- Complimentary Accor Plus membership
- Access for you and one guest to the American Express Global Lounge Collection, i.e. the world’s largest independent airport lounge program. This includes access to Priority Pass lounges at no extra cost
- Access to the Platinum International Airline program
- Complimentary domestic and overseas travel insurance
- Platinum Concierge
- The American Express Invites program, providing access to specially curated experiences such as sporting events, dinners, and fashion shows
- 24/7 card member assistance
- Buyer’s Advantage, extending your manufacturer’s warranty by up to 12 months on eligible purchases (made using your Amex Platinum Card)
- Purchase protection in the case of theft or damage
- Refund protection, should a store refuse to accept the return on an unused purchase
- Online Fraud Protection Guarantee