If you’re a Qantas Frequent Flyer, American Express has an ultimate credit card with the name to show for it. Delivering a treasure trove of points, perks, and credits, the Qantas American Express Ultimate Card makes for an indisputable travel resource. As the company’s top tier Qantas card, it offers substantial bonus points to new members and one of the highest earn rates for Qantas points.
While owning one of these bad boys means paying an annual fee of $450, there’s an annual $450 Qantas Travel Credit to make up for it. Naturally, that’s just skimming the surface in terms of what this incredible card has in store for new and existing members alike. Click here to apply.
Points, Points, and More Points
As any frequent flyer can attest, earning travel points is as fun as it is rewarding. That rings especially true with the new Qantas American Express Ultimate Card, which features no cap on the amount of Qantas Points you can earn. Should you so desire, Amex will transfer your points straight into your Qantas Frequent Flyer account each and every month.
What, you thought we were done? On the contrary, we’re just getting started. New card members who apply online, are approved, and spend $3000 on their new card within the first three months will receive a substantial bonus injection to the tune of 100,000 Qantas Bonus Points for a limited time. Again, this offer is available to new cardmembers only who apply by the 9th of October 2019 — just Amex‘s way of saying welcome.
All the while, you’re raking in more Qantas Points. For starters, you’ll earn 1.25 Qantas Points for every $1 spent on card purchases (except at government bodies in Australia, where you’ll earn 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent), and then 2.25 Qantas Points per every $1 spent on selected Qantas products and services in Australia. You’ll also receive complimentary Qantas Wine Premium Membership, earning 3 Qantas Points for every $1 spent on Qantas Wine purchases.
Remember, there’s no points cap, so the more you spend, the more juice you can squeeze out of that $450 annual fee. To earn points faster, sign up to four family members or friends for additional cards at no extra fee. And thanks to the Classic Flight Reward program, you can put all those Qantas Points to use by booking select flights to places like Hong Kong, San Francisco, or Paris (taxes, fees, and carrier charges will still apply).
Extra Travel Perks
In some cases, a $450 Qantas Travel Credit might seem like one of those things a cardholder may or may not cash in. However, as a Qantas frequent flyer, we have no doubt you’ll put the credit to good use, thereby negating the $450 annual fee in one fell swoop. The best part? That Qantas Travel Credit can go toward either domestic or international flights, presuming you book and pay online at American Express Travel.
Since you are indeed a consistent traveller, you already know that waiting at the gate can be a drag. Enter yet another precious perk from the Qantas American Express Ultimate Card, which gives you two complimentary American Express airport lounge entries each calendar year, and two Qantas Club lounge invitations each year. Why do we suddenly get the feeling you’ll be showing up at the airport a little earlier than usual?
This Card has you Covered
Whether you’re flying alone or with your family, the Qantas American Express Ultimate Card has your back in the form of various insurance packages. That means up to $2,500,000 of coverage for medical emergency expenses, up to $400,000 of coverage for transportation accidents, up to $12,500 of coverage for travel cancellations, up to $10,000 of coverage for loss or damage to baggage, money, and documentation, and up to $200 of coverage for travel inconveniences like flight delays.
In addition to all that insurance, you’ll get a full suite of protection services. That includes Refund Protection, which credits your account if you’re refused a refund on an unused eligible item within 90 days of purchase. Along similar lines, Purchase Protection provides repairs or refunds on eligible items if they’re accidentally broken or stolen within 90 days of purchase. Online Fraud Protection Guarantee, Emergency Card Replacement, and Global Card support are also available to card-carrying members.
Of course, you won’t get squat if you don’t use your Qantas American Express Ultimate Card to pay for your flight, hotel, car, travel expenses, and other purchases in the first place. Spend accordingly, my friend.
Qantas American Express Ultimate Card Overview
Some things make perfect sense. If you’re already flying with Qantas on a consistent basis, then applying for a Qantas American Express Ultimate Card is one of those things. The application process takes less than 10 minutes, and you might hear back within the first minute. To be eligible, you must meet the following criteria:
- Have an annual income of $65,000 or more
- Have no history of bad debt or payment default
- Be aged 18 years or over
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident or hold a current Business Long Stay Visa (subclass 457)
Once you’re an official cardholder, you’ll receive the following perks:
- 100,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply online by the 9th of October, are approved, and spend $3,000 on your new card within the first three months. This offer is available to new cardmembers only
- No cap on the amount of Qantas Points you can earn
- The ability to transfer your points straight to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account each month
- 1.25 Qantas Points for every $1 spent on card purchases, except at government bodies in Australia, where you will earn 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent
- 2.25 Qantas Point per $1 spent on selected Qantas products and services in Australia (using your Qantas American Express Ultimate Card)
- Complimentary Qantas Wine Premium Membership, with 3 Qantas Points earned for every $1 spent on Qantas Wine purchases (using your Qantas American Express Ultimate Card)
- $450 Qantas Travel Credit each year
- Two American Express airport lounge entries each calendar year and two Qantas Club lounge invitations each year
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 12 months (a one-off credit plan establishment fee of 1% applies to any balances transferred) – T&Cs apply
- Up to 44 Interest-free days and a 20.74% p.a. interest rate on purchases
- Medical Emergency Expenses Cover up to $2,500,000
- Transport Accident Cover up to $400,000
- Travel Cancellation Cover up to $12,500
- Baggage, Money and Documentation Cover up to $10,000
- Travel Inconvenience Insurance up to $200 if your flight departure is delayed
- Refund Protection
- Purchase Protection
- Online Fraud Protection Guarantee
- Emergency Card Replacement
- Global Card Support
- Eligibility for use with Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, and Google Pay.