We’re not gonna lie—buying an engagement ring can be daunting. After all, it is one of the most significant purchases in a man’s life. Thankfully, we’re here to help you find the best engagement ring Melbourne has to offer. The diamond specialists and master designers at the Melbourne jewellers on this list are some of the most experienced and dedicated jewellers in the country, and they’re all committed to matching you with the perfect diamond engagement ring.
Table of contents
- Best Engagement Rings in Melbourne
- 1. Kavalri Jewellery
- 2. Anton Jewellery
- 3. Paul Bram
- 4. Temple and Grace Jewellery
- 5. Bulgari
- 6. Cartier
- 7. Chanel
- 8. Hardy Brothers
- 9. Michael Hill
- 10. Georg Jensen
- 11. Keshett
- 12. Adrian Lewis Jewellery
- 13. Jan Logan
- 14. Janai
- 15. Larsen Jewellery
- 16. Krista McRae Jewellery
- 17. Charles Rose
- 18. Rutherford
- 19. Ian Sharp
- 20. Simon West
- 21. Tiffany & Co.
- 22. Mary Titchener Fine Jewels
- 23. Bevilles
- 24. Temelli
- 25. James Alfredson
- 26. Robert H. Parker & Son
- 27. David Parums Design
- 28. Rings of Melbourne
- 29. Australian Diamond Network
- 30. Pod Jewellery
- 31. Holdsworth Bros. Jewellers
- How Man Of Many Chose the Best Places to Buy an Engagement Ring in Melbourne
- Alternatives to Melbourne Engagement Ring Stores
- Melbourne Engagement Ring FAQ
Best Engagement Rings in Melbourne
From some of the biggest and most recognizable luxury brands in the world with impressive flagship stores in the heart of Melbourne’s CBD to solo designers in small boutiques who’ve dedicated decades to perfecting their craft, this list has a little bit of everything. Whether you’re after off-the-shelf or entirely custom, if you’re planning on popping the question, chances are you’ll find the perfect ring here. Let’s dive into the best places to buy an engagement ring in Melbourne.
1. Kavalri Jewellery
- Address: Suite 5/235 Camberwell Road, Hawthorn East, VIC, 3123
- Phone: (03) 8849 9134
- Hours: Wed – Fri 9:30am-6pm, Sat 9am-5pm, Sun 9am-1pm
One of Australia’s leading suppliers of diamond engagement and wedding rings, Kavalri Jewellery is changing the way Aussies shop for engagement rings. With a huge database of GIA certified rings at near wholesale pricing, you can grab a loose diamond and be on your way. Or, you can enlist one of their talented designers to build you a custom ring from scratch.
2. Anton Jewellery
- Chadstone Shopping Centre, 338/1341 Dandenong Rd, Chadstone VIC 3148 – Phone: +61 3 9569 1000
- Westfield Doncaster, Shop 1078A/619 Doncaster Rd, Doncaster VIC 3108 – Phone: +61 3 9848 5888
- Mon-Wed 10am-5:30pm, Thu-Sat 10am-9pm, Sun 10am-7pm (Chadstone Shopping Centre);
- Mon-Wed 10am-5:30pm, Thu-Fri 10am-9pm, Sat 10am-6pm, Sun 10am-5pm (Westfield Doncaster)
Sourcing some of the finest diamond rings in Melbourne, Anton Jewellery are an official agent for some of the most iconic luxury jewellery brands in the world. They also offer a full range of their own diamond engagement rings as well as a bespoke custom service. At Anton Jewellery you’ll be able to find the best engagement ring Melbourne has to offer.
3. Paul Bram
- Address: 144 Swanston St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Phone: +61 3 9654 6900
- Hours: Mon-Thu 10am-5:30pm, Fri 10am-7pm, Sat 10am-5pm
One of the best custom engagement ring providers in Melbourne, Paul Bram gives you control over the entire process. Their qualified gemmologists help you pick the ideal diamond, and their master designers work with you to craft the perfect engagement ring.
4. Temple and Grace Jewellery
- Address: Suite 211, Level 2, 1 Queens Road, Melbourne VIC 3004
- Hours: Mond-Fri 9:30am-7:30pm, Sat-Sun 9:30am-5pm
- Phone: 0414 500 999
Experience the most sparkling and unique range of engagement rings in Melbourne. Being jewellery-makers themselves, Temple and Grace have an unmatched range of diamond rings and can make bespoke gemstone and diamond engagement rings to your taste and budget. With hundreds of engagement rings on display, you can choose from various diamond sizes and ring styles. Known to offer high levels of personalised service and this is well reflected in their 5-star reviews.
Shop directly from these renowned Melbourne jewellery-makers and experience a stunning collection of unique engagement rings at affordable prices.
- Address: 123 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Phone: +61 3 9663 8100
- Hours: Mon-Thu 10am-6pm, Fri 10am-7pm, Sat 10am-5pm, Sun 11am-5pm
One of the heavyweights on this list, Bulgari is a luxury jewellery brand known around the world. An instantly recognisable style and the finest materials in the world define their diamond engagement and wedding rings. You’ll find their flagship Melbourne store on Collins St.
Featured Video from Man of Many
- Address: 90 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Phone: 1800 130 000
- Hours: Mon-Thu 10am-6pm, Fri 10am-7pm, Sat 10am-6pm, Sun 11am-5pm
With an extensive collection of diamond rings in all different styles, Cartier offers some of the best engagement rings in Melbourne and the world. Whether you’re looking for a delicate and timeless solitaire style, the eye-catching Cartier Destinée, or anything in between, the folks at Cartier will help you find the perfect ring.
- Address: 140 Flinders Ln, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Phone: 1300 242 635
- Hours: Mon-Thu 10am-6pm, Fri 10am-7pm, Sat 10am-6pm, Sun 11am-5pm
One of the most recognisable luxury brands in the world, you can bet Chanel craft some darn fine diamond rings. Their jewellery is everything you’d expect from the French style icons: elegant, extravagant, and on the cutting edge of haute couture.
8. Hardy Brothers
- Address: 338 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Phone: +61 3 9624 5300
- Hours: Mon-Fri 9:30am-5:30pm, Sat 10am-5pm, Sun 11am-4pm
Australian owned and operated for more than 165 years, Hardy Brothers is a one-stop-shop for fine diamond jewellery. They’re one of the few jewellers in Australia designated a ‘select Argyle atelier’, meaning they were chosen for their unerring quality, integrity, and creativity to provide the rare and highly coveted Argyle Pink Diamond.
9. Michael Hill
- Address: 118 Elizabeth St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Phone: +61 3 9650 2773
- Hours: Mon-Thu 9:30am-7pm, Fri 9:30am-8pm, Sat 9:30am-6pm, Sun 10am-6pm
Another big name in the Australian jewellery scene, Michael Hill has one of the largest collections of diamond engagement rings in the country. Their dedicated staff will help you find the perfect ring for your style and budget at one of the several stores around Melbourne.
10. Georg Jensen
- Address: 1/90 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Phone: +61 3 9650 7030
- Hours: Mon-Thu 9:30am-5:30pm, Fri 9:30am-7pm, Sat 10am-5pm, Sun 11am-5pm
Timeless Scandinavian design and unparalleled craftsmanship define every piece at Georg Jensen. All of their rings are made to simultaneously stand on their own as beautiful pieces and wear in tandem, so you can choose an engagement/wedding ring combination that reflects your personality.
- Address: 323-325 Little Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Phone: +61 3 9654 1514
- Hours: Mon-Thu 10am-5:30pm, Fri 10am-6pm, Sat 11am-5pm, Sun 11am-4pm
Specialising in Art Deco and vintage styles, Keshett is the place to go if you’re a fan of engagement rings from a bygone era. Their expert craftsmanship is on full display with their elaborate designs modelled off mid-century styles. They’re no one trick pony, however; they also offer a range of traditional styles too.
12. Adrian Lewis Jewellery
- Address: 13 Little Wellington St, Collingwood VIC 3066
- Phone: +61 484 826 488
- Hours: Mon-Fri 10am-5:30pm
A contemporary jewellery designer with a career spanning 35 years, Adrian Lewis is one of the most sought-after jewellers in the country. He pours his vast skill and knowledge into each and every piece he crafts, sourcing only the best materials for his diamond engagement rings.
13. Jan Logan
- Address: 90 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 300
- Phone: +61 3 9650 9099
- Hours: Mon-Fri 10am-6pm, Sat 10am-5pm
Australian luxury jewellery brand Jan Logan is one of the most recognizable names in Australian fine jewellery. Their vast collection of diamond engagement and wedding rings cover a range of styles and designs. They also offer a custom service if you’re after something bespoke and unique.
- Address: 1/259 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Phone: +61 3 9662 1455
- Hours: Mon-Thu 10:15am-5:30pm, Fri 10:15am-8pm, Sat 10am-5pm
Boasting one of the most talented teams of sketch artists, diamond setters and jewellery designers in Melbourne, Janai have been crafting one-of-a-kind jewellery in their Collins Street store for more than 35 years. You can choose from their huge range, or enlist their craftsmen to bring your idea to life.
15. Larsen Jewellery
- Located in: Melbourne’s GPO
- Address: level 2/350 Bourke St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Hours: Tue-Sat 10am-6pm
- Phone: (03) 9662 3005
Larsen Jewellery specialises in custom-made engagement and wedding rings made to the highest standards as well as other fine jewellery pieces. Alongside their special moment items, they have a ready-to-wear collection perfect for everyday wear or for your wedding day. Dedicated to providing outstanding service, exceptional quality jewellery that’s backed by a lifetime guarantee, and a commitment to providing ethically sourced and sustainable products, their team offers the perfect blend of artistry and expertise to bring your jewellery ideas to life. With decades of experience in design and craftsmanship and incredible attention to detail, there’s a good reason why they make our list of the best engagement rings in Melbourne.
16. Krista McRae Jewellery
- Address: 28 Russell Place, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Phone: +613 9663 3641
- Hours: Mon-Fri 10am-6pm, Sat 10am-5pm
The ethos at Krista McRae Jewellery is less about tradition and more about jewellery as a reflection of your personality. Each piece is a work of wearable art, personalised to the wearer, and intended to be treasured for a lifetime and passed down through generations.
17. Charles Rose
- Address: 415 Bourke Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Phone: +61 3 9642 8989
- Hours: Mon-Thu 10am-5pm, Fri 10am-6:30pm, Sat 10am-4:30pm
With almost 100 years as one of the world’s finest jewellery makers, Charles Rose is one of Australia’s leading jewellers for custom diamond rings. Every diamond is ethically sourced and carefully selected by an expert team of diamond experts, and their master designers craft every ring by hand.
- Address: 182 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Phone: +61 3 9650 7878
- Hours: Mon-Fri 10am-5:30pm, Sat 10am-5pm
One of the preeminent purveyors of fine antique, estate, and vintage jewellery, Rutherford offer a range of engagement rings from eras that date back to the 19th century. Their collection is always changing with each piece beautifully restored and a testament to the ability of the finest materials to stand the test of time.
19. Ian Sharp
- Address: 65 Toorak Rd, South Yarra VIC 3141
- Phone: +61 3 9866 4983
- Hours: Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-3pm
The team at Ian Sharp have been providing Melbournians with fine diamond jewellery for more than 40 years. Masters in both classic and contemporary jewellery design, they offer one of the most sought-after bespoke services in the city. They’re specialists at sourcing the finest diamonds money can buy.
20. Simon West
- Address: Manchester Unity, Building, 508 level 5/220 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Phone: +61 3 9639 1400
- Hours: Tue & Thu 10am-6pm, Wed & Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm
Located in the ‘diamond district’ in Melbourne’s CBD, Simon West Fine Jewellery has everything you need when it comes to diamond engagement and wedding rings. They offer a fully personalized service, ensuring you walk away with the perfect ring. Also, all of their diamonds are guaranteed conflict-free.
21. Tiffany & Co.
- Address: 267 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Phone: +61 1800 731 131
- Hours: Mon-Thu & Sat 10am-6pm, Fri 10am-7pm, Sun 11am-5pm
When you think diamond ring, you think Tiffany & Co. This worldwide phenomenon is the benchmark against which all other engagements and wedding rings are measured. Their flagship Melbourne store is located in the heart of the CBD.
22. Mary Titchener Fine Jewels
- Address: 35 Toorak Rd, South Yarra VIC 3141
- Phone: +61 488 031 785
- Hours: Mon-Fri 10:30am-5pm, Sat 10:30am-3pm
Engagement rings are meant to last a lifetime and act as an extension of the wearer’s personality. That’s why many hold antique rings as the perfect sentiment when asking someone for their hand in marriage. Mary Titchener understands this better than most and helps countless couples find the perfect vintage ring, one which is packed with history.
- Address: Shop 7 London City Stores 152, 154-168 Elizabeth St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Phone: +61 3 9654 6411
- Hours: Mon-Thu 10am-6pm, Fri 10am-9pm, Sat 10am-5pm, Sun 11am-5pm
With one a huge selection of diamond engagement and wedding rings, you’re sure to find the perfect ring at Bevilles. Their friendly staff help thousands of couples pick a ring that matches their budget and style every year. All rings come with a lifetime cleaning guarantee and complimentary resizing.
- Address: 1/259 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Phone: +61 3 9639 5556
- Hours: Mon-Fri 10am-5:30pm, Sat 10am-5pm, Sun 12pm-5pm
With five locations in Melbourne, Temelli specialises in custom made and ready-to-buy diamond engagement rings and wedding bands. They offer internationally certified diamonds and the finest precious metals and house some of the most talented jewellery makers in the city.
25. James Alfredson
- Address: 26 Howey Place, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Phone: +61 3 9671 3955
- Hours: Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-1:30pm
Not all rings need to be brand-spankin’, and lots of couples go for a ring with a bit of history. If you’re after something with a story behind it, James Alfredson is the place to go. Located in Howey Place in the centre of Melbourne’s CBD, they specialise in antique and art deco engagement rings.
26. Robert H. Parker & Son
- Address: 201/125 Swanston St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Phone: +61 3 9650 3371
- Hours: Mon-Thu 9am-5pm, Fri 9am-7pm, Sat 8am-12pm
While they focus on diamond engagement rings, the expert craftsmen at Robert H. Parker & Son are masters of bringing your ideas to life, no matter the design or materials. They pride themselves on exceptional customer service and unparalleled workmanship, and they’ve made their mark as one of the best jewellers in Melbourne.
27. David Parums Design
- Address: Online only.
Another one with the gents in mind, David Parums offers some seriously cool engagement and wedding rings. With a background in knifemaking, this Aussie jeweller works with a range of materials like Damascus steel, tantalum, titanium, as well as 18ct gold. Every piece is a one-off, and they’re all crafted one at a time using ancient forging techniques.
28. Rings of Melbourne
- Address: 223 Bay St, Port Melbourne VIC 3207
- Phone: +61 3 9646 1179
- Hours: Mon 1:30am-5pm, Tue-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-1pm
Sometimes, it’s all in the name. Master jeweller Andrew Rings has been crafting some of the best diamond engagement rings in Melbourne for over 30 years. They offer a wide range of ready-to-buy rings as well as bespoke customer service.
29. Australian Diamond Network
- Address: 1st Floor, Centre Point 283-297 Bourke Street Mall, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Phone: +61 3 9660 4455
- Hours: Mon-Thu 10am-5:30pm, Fri 10am-7pm, Sat 9:30am-5pm, Sun 11:30am-5pm
The Australian Diamond Network is one of the country’s leading authorities on all things diamond. They offer a design-your-own-ring service, giving you full control over the entire process and your budget. They also have a massive online range of engagement and wedding rings and loose diamonds. The Australian Diamond Network will help you find the best engagement ring Melbourne has to offer.
30. Pod Jewellery
- Address: Kyneton, Central Victoria (appointment only)
- Phone: 0457 700 070
- Hours: Mon-Sun 9am-6pm
What says “I love you” more than a DIY engagement ring? Pod Jewellery are best known for their guided couples wedding ring workshop, where their talented jeweller and owner Bec de Podolinsky runs you through the process of making your own ring. They also offer a full range of engagement and wedding rings made by the pros.
31. Holdsworth Bros. Jewellers
- Address: Eastland and Knox City Shopping Centres
- Phone: Eastland +61 3 9870 8030, Knox +61 3 9887 2747
- Hours: Mon-Wed 9am-5pm, Thu-Fri 9am-9pm, Sat 9am-5pm, Sun 10am-5pm
Serving Melbourne since 1884, Holdsworth Bros. Jewellers is a family-owned and operated jeweller that continues to thrill its clients with stunning diamond engagement rings. Each piece is carefully crafted to exceptional standards utilizing only the most perfectly cut diamonds in round or fancy shapes. You can choose from designs in-store or work with their highly qualified staff to design your very own dream ring.
How Man Of Many Chose the Best Places to Buy an Engagement Ring in Melbourne
Having gone through the process ourselves, we understand how daunting the thought of buying an engagement ring can be. This list is derived from our own personal experience, in-depth research and customer reviews of jewellery stores in Melbourne. As expert journalists who guide people between competing products and services, we have provided our independent opinion in formulating Man of Many’s selections. Our editors have taken into account price, selection and customisation options, while also making a concerted effort to highlight a few spots outside of the CBD. You can review our editorial policy here surrounding how we maintain our independence in our editorial reviews.
Alternatives to Melbourne Engagement Ring Stores
If you are looking for something a little different in the Melbourne jewellery scene, why not take a look at some of our other recent articles based in the Victorian capital and abroad?
- Date Ideas in Melbourne
- Best Signet Rings for Men
- Best Shoe Stores in Melbourne
- Spots for the Best High Tea in Melbourne
- Best Cobblers and Shoe Repair Stores in Melbourne
- Best Fishing Spots in Melbourne
Melbourne Engagement Ring FAQ
Some of the best places to shop for an engagement ring in Melbourne are Kavalri, Anton Jewellery, Paul Bram, Bulgari, Hardy Brothers, Cartier, Georg Jensen, Keshett, and others.
Some of Melbourne’s best places for a custom engagement ring are Charles Rose, Temelli, Kavalri, Anton Jewellery, Paul Bram, Jan Logan, and others.
Luxury jewellers such as Cartier, Bulgari, Tiffany & Co. and Chanel all have Melbourne branches. Anton Jewellery works with a number of luxury brands and you can also buy fine engagement rings at Jan Logan.
Featured Video from Man of Many