The Dine & Discover NSW Voucher program has now been rolled out across NSW. That means every resident in NSW will receive their own set of vouchers worth $100 as part of the state government’s plan to stimulate the economy in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Valid across pubs, restaurants, and other entertainment venues throughout the state, Sydney residents will now ‘Dine and Discover’ their way through NSW over the coming months.
Initially dubbed the Out & About Scheme, the NSW government stimulus scheme has officially begun, providing every NSW resident over 18 with four $25 digital vouchers. Divided into two categories, the Dine & Discover project will offer two coupons for dining out, while the other two vouchers will be used for going out. Accessed through the MyServiceNSW app, vouchers are only redeemable in person and will expire in three months if unused.
This move follows closely that of other states and territory stimulus initiatives like the Victorian government’s $200 voucher program for spending in regional areas. Though Dan’s coupons come with a minimum of $400 spend on accommodations or eligible attractions to qualify.
According to the New South Wales Minister for Customer Service, Victor Dominello, initially, The Rocks was chosen due to its representation of “different business types.” The Dine and Discovery stimulus plan is expected to deliver a $500 million boost to the state economy, with its success an integral part of the government’s plan for “a prosperous, post-pandemic NSW.”
Everything You Need to Know about Dine & Discover
How to Apply Dine & Discover Vouchers
- NSW residents can apply for a voucher through their Service NSW account.
If you don’t have a smartphone, vouchers will also be available at Service NSW Centres.
- Vouchers are accessed via the Service NSW app while they’re ‘Out and About’ in participating postcodes.
- You’ll need 2 forms of ID. Click here and follow the steps. It will take about 5 minutes.
Who Gets Dine & Discover Vouchers?
Every NSW resident aged 18 and over is eligible to receive:
- 2 x $25 vouchers for eating in restaurants, cafes, bars, wineries, pubs and clubs (not redeemable for alcohol).
- 2 x $25 vouchers for entertainment and recreation, including live music, recreational activities, cinemas and arts venues.
When do Dine & Discover Vouchers Expire?
- Vouchers can be used 7 days a week, including public holidays.
- Each voucher can only be used once. If you don’t spend the full $25, you’ll forfeit the remaining balance.
- Vouchers can be used across NSW and are valid until July 31, 2021.
- Each $25 voucher is valid for one use and cannot be combined for increased value. Any amount not used will be forfeited.
Where Can You Find Dine & Discover Venues?
To find participating businesses in your area on the Service NSW app or go to the Dine & Discover NSW business finder linked below.
Featured Video from Man of Many
The NSW Dine and Discover vouchers are valid until July 31, 2021. The vouchers can only be used one time each.
Every NSW residient can obtain 4 $25 vouchers, 2 of the vouhers can be used for dining while the other 2 can be used for activities. The vouchers have a total value of $100.
Featured Video from Man of Many