Bringing it back for round two, KFC and Peking Duk are returning with TikTok star @DimSimLim to drop the intel on their life-changing burger at home – the fire looking (and tasting) Peking Cluk burger. If you’re looking for a TikTok recipe to try at home, let alone a damn delicious way to remix some KFC OG fillets, keep reading.
How to Make the KFC x Peking Duk Burger
If you missed out at the festival, or simply need it back in your life, fear not – the elusive, sweet, sticky burger is about to make its way into your home, and your heart. The burger itself consists of KFC Original Recipe fillets dunked in a hoisin glaze made from – hoisin sauce, honey, plum sauce, and Chinese 5 spice, topped off with cabbage, spring onion, and cucumber slaw giving it that fresh crunchy texture. So, whether you’re craving KFC or Chinese food for dinner, you can get the best of both worlds!
KFC x Peking Cluk Burger Recipe
But, we haven’t even told you the best part – it is so easy to make at home, no matter what level your kitchen abilities are. Here’s the recipe for all those dying to get cooking!
Serves: 2 Burgers
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 2 x KFC Original Recipe Fillets
- 2 x Soft White Bread Rolls
- 1 x Cup White Cabbage, Shredded
- 1 x Spring Onion, Chopped
- ½ x Cucumber, Sliced into Thin Strips
- 90mL x Hoisin Sauce
- 1/8 tsp x Honey
- 30mL x Plum Sauce
- 1/8 tsp x Five-Spice Powder
- 80-100mL x Boiling Water
- Slice the bread rolls into halves.
- In a medium bowl, combine cabbage, spring onion and cucumber, then divide the mixture in half and place on the bottom of each bread roll.
- In a wok, whisk together Hoisin sauce, plum sauce, honey, five-spice, and boiling water.
- Using tongs, dunk each KFC Original Recipe fillet into the sauce and place on top of the cabbage.
- Place the top of the bread roll on each fillet and serve.
- Keep fillets warm by placing the KFC fillets box in a 120c oven whilst preparing the Peking Cluk Burger.
- Adding the plum sauce and honey gives the glaze gloss and shine
- Boiling water melts the plum sauce and honey whilst warming and thinning the sauce to produce a glaze.
- Any leftover glaze can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
If you’d rather watch the masters at work, catch it in the Kentucky Fried Cookin’ series, featuring some other crowd favourites chef’s delicious recipes like Morgan Hipworth’s Popcorn Chicken Cupcakes and Dimsimlim’s Pimped Up Zinger Noodles. To watch the full Kentucky Fried Cookin’ episode, head to KFC’s YouTube video HERE (or watch above) so you can follow Peking Duk and Dimsimlim’s step-by-step guide as you make your own version of this cluckin’ delight.
As always, KFC is challenging fans and budding chefs to give it a go and turn their KFC dinner into a Kentucky Fried Cookin’ masterpiece. If you do, be sure to tag @kfcaustralia, @dimsimlim and @pekingduk when sharing your creations.
Featured Video from Man of Many