Want more bang for your buck? The best Black Friday deals 2020 has to offer are here to usher in the silly season and we’ve got them all wrapped up. For those who don’t know, the Black Friday to Cyber Monday retail event is without a doubt the biggest sales weekend of the year. From fashion to tech, pretty much every retailer is doing some sort of sale, so, there’s sure to be something for everyone. Whether you’re doing some early Christmas shopping or sprucing up your wardrobe with the change of seasons, there is a Black Friday deal to make it happen.
What is Black Friday?
For the uninitiated, Black Friday is the informal name for the Friday following Thanksgiving Day in the US. For years, American businesses have offered massive discounts on select products, with some stores opening at midnight to pandamonium. As a result of the major boost in sales, the Black Friday shopping event has now moved international, with other countries offering huge savings and online deals. Here in Australia, the rise of Black Friday has been steady, with retailers cashing on the pre-Christmas rush.
When is Black Friday 2020?
This year, Black Friday is on Friday 27 November 2020. Across the day, there will be a number of major sales and discounts at retailers both in the US and overseas. Generally, the event runs for one day, however, some retailers are offering discounts across the entire weekend. Be sure to get in early, as with every year, the best Black Friday deals 2020 has to offer are likely to sell out quickly.
Why Do They Call it Black Friday?
According to reports, the term ‘Black Friday’ was first used on Sept. 24, 1869, when two investors, Jay Gould and Jim Fisk, drove up the price of gold and caused a crash that day. Allegedly, the move caused the stock market to drop 20 per cent and foreign trade stopped.
From there, the phrase changed hands a few times. In the 1950s, Philadelphia police used Black Friday to refer to the day between Thanksgiving and the Army-Navy game. Massive hordes of shoppers and tourists went to the city, forcing police officers to work long hours to cover the crowds and traffic.
Nowadays, we know Black Friday as the day after Thanksgiving, when stores open early and offer various sales. The reference to Black Friday comes in the sense that business move from ‘in the red’ to ‘in the black’ (profitable) that day.
Does Australia Have Black Friday?
Without the Thanksgiving marker, or any public holidays, Black Friday is not historically a major event in Australia. That being said, the boost in interest has seen the shopping event grow in popularity down under in recent years.
Now, you can see a wealth of high-street and online retailers jumping in on the action, offering major discounts across a wide selection of products and end of season sales. For the most part, Aussie retailers focus on Cyber Monday sales, the Monday after Black Friday, but a lot of great Black Friday deals are to be had for savvy shoppers.
Best Black Friday 2020 Featured Sales
We’ll be updating our article all weekend so make sure you keep checking back so you don’t miss a thing. Here is a list of the best Black Friday sales for 2020.
1. 35% Off Nordgreen Watches!
In Partnership with Nordgreen.
It’s your lucky day. In celebration of Black Friday, we teamed up with our friends over at Nordgreen to bring you a huge sale. Their super stylish watches are of danish design and offer a deft take on the trend of modern minimalism. The mind behind the design is none other than award-winning chief designer Jakob Wagner, who balances simplicity and sophistication to stunning effect.
Cop 35% off your new watch now with the huge Nordgreen x Man of Many Black Friday Sale. Use the code MANOFMANY35 at check out.
2. 50% Everything at BoohooMAN
In Partnership with BoohooMAN.
With the changing of the seasons its definitely time to update the wardrobe accordingly. boohooMAN have been changing the game in fashion for a couple of years now. Offering the latest trends and big name collabs at unreal prices, they’re now fashion’s best kept secret in menswear. To celebrate the Black Friday, boohooMAN are offering 50% off everything. Yep, you read that right. Everything on their site is completely half price.
That includes hoodies and sweatshirts from $18 and outerwear from just a staggering $24! Better get in quick, these prices can’t last.
90+ Black Friday Deals in Australia
- Pacifico Optical: Purchase 2 pairs of eyewear and receive 50% off the second pair (available Friday- Monday)
- Flatrock: 30% off now until 1st Dec with code FLATFRIDAY30
- Net-A-Porter – The Black Friday Sale Is Here: Up To 50% Off
- Mr. Porter – Black Friday x Cyber Monday Weekend Sale
- Farfetch – Save up to 50% off on the Farfetch Cyber Weekend Sale
- 24S – Get up to 50% Off + Black Friday 20% off* sitewide with code BLACKFRIDAY20 and 25% off* on full price Items with code BLACKFRIDAY25
- Timex – Cyber Weekend Sale
- Charles & Keith AU – Up to 50% off sale + 10% off regular price items
- ECO. Modern Essentials – Up to 50% Off Sitewide
- Harvey Nichols – Details TBC
- Microsoft AU – Save 15% on Surface Pro 7, Pro X, Laptop 3, Book 3 + Free Select Sleeve
- M&S AU – Black Friday Spend $220, Get 25% Off
- New balance AU – up to 40% off selected items
- Patpat – All 50% Off For Selected Items! Black Friday Presale!
- Chain Reaction Cycles Australia – Black Friday Deals, Week 1 – save up to 50%
- Wiggle AU – Up to 50% off nutrition bundles and gift packs
- Princess Polly – BLACK FRIDAY SALE IS HERE! 25% OFF ALMOST EVERYTHING
- eBay AU – 20% off Multi Seller
- eBay AU – 20% Off Dell Storewide
- eBay AU – 15% off Tech – Selected Sellers
- eBay AU – Extra $10 off when you checkout with Afterpay
- eBay AU – 20% off Coles Storewide – Plus Exclusive
- LUISAVIAROMA – Pre Black Friday exclusive: 40% off a selection of sneakers!
- LUISAVIAROMA – 40% off on selected full priced items (exclusion may apply)
- CITY BEACH – BLACK FRIDAY: UP TO 70% OFF ONLINE & IN-STORE
- Dell AU – Black Friday XPS Early offers up to 20% off
- Dell AU – Black Friday monitor deals sneak peek up to 35% off
- Politix – Black Friday & Cyber Monday – 25% off Full Price
- Lovehoney – Black Friday Mega Deals: Up to 50% OFF
- Quicklens – 15% Off on orders $120 and over
- Bobbi Brown – Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals: For a limited time only, enjoy 20% off site wide
- Elite Supps – Save Up To 50% OFF On Bundles. Don’t wait until Black Friday Cyber Monday sale
- Bicycles Online – Flash Sale – one day only! Up to $200 off your order
- Catch – Black Friday Sales 2020!
- Nike TW – Black Friday Sale
- BROSA – BLACK FRIDAY 20 – 40% OFF SITEWIDE
- Everlane – Black Friday sale up to 40% off
- Norton – Black Friday + Cyber Monday sale
- SSENSE – Shop up to 50% off!
- The Outnet APAC – 25% Off Sitewide with code BLACKFRIDAY
- LELO – Black Friday Sale
- Cotton On – The Big Freakin’ Event 30% Off Everything! Valid Nov 20 – 28.
- Paula’s Choice – BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- Sephora AU – Black Friday Sale 2020: 15% Off Everything
- Bing Lee – BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- Foot Locker AU – BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- Myer – BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- Kogan – BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- The Good Guys – BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- JW PEI – JW PEI Black Friday Sale – Up To 75% Off
- Best&Less – 4 DAY ONLY sale promoting our Black Friday hot buys and more amazing deals
- Nisbets Australia – The Nisbets Black Friday Event – Save up to 50%!
- ASOS – Up to 70% off everything
- Casetify – Casetify Black Friday Offers: Buy 1 Get 15%, Buy 2 Get 25%, Buy 3 Get 30%
- Kate Spade – Black Friday/Cyber Monday: Enjoy 30% off everything
- Coach – Black Friday/Cyber Monday: Enjoy 20% off full price styles
- ECHT – Offer- up to 60% off almost everything sale
- Lightinthebox – $8 off on order amount over $69
- P.E Nation – Up to 40% off
- Bonds – Cyber Weekend: 40% Off Everything + Free Shipping at Bonds! Valid Nov 26 – 30
- Bonds Outlet – TAF 20% off Sitewide at Bonds Outlet! Valid Nov 26 – 30
- Champion – Cyber Weekend: Take a Further 20% Off Clearance at Champion. Valid Nov 26 – 30
- Supre – Pink Friday 30% Off Everything! Valid Nov 20 – 28
- Factorie – 30% Off Every. Single. Thing. Valid Nov 20 – 28
- Country Road – Black Friday: 20% off everything in store and online. Valid Nov 26 – 29
- Politix – Cyber Weekend 25% off Everything. Offer valid Nov 26 – 30
- Sheridan – Save 40% storewide* at Sheridan! Valid Nov 23 – 30
- Sheridan Outlet – 60% off Sheridan* and 40% off Pillows & Quilts. Valid Nov 23 – 30
- Witchery – Cyber Week – 20% Off Everything. Valid 7AM Nov 25 – 30
- Alo Yoga – 30% off all full-price items and up to 70% off sale on sale
- Kmart: Bright Friday Sale
- Jabra: Up to 50% off selected products
- Rockay: Free insulated water bottle and free carbon neutral shipping
- Dyson: Exclusive Black Friday Deals
- Sonos: Save up to 25% on Black Friday
- Indochino: Suits from $449
- AIAIAI: 30% off Everything
- Vincero: 15% off Sitewide
- Oliver Cabell: 15% off Sitewide
- MessyWeekend: Black Friday Insane Deals
- Apple: Get an Apple Store Gift Card worth up to A$210 when you buy eligible products from 27 to 30 November
- Lululemon: Men’s Black Friday Specials
- Bing Lee: Up to 30% off tech
- M.J.Bale: Cyber Week – 30% off Full-Prices Suits
- The Iconic: 30% OFF THE ICONIC Black Friday Event
- Expedia: 9 days of Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals
- Oppo: Friends & family Black Friday Deals
- Courant: 25% off Courant Chargers
- Koala: 20% off Koala’s range of mattresses
- Papinelle: 50% off 50+ items with code BF50
- DJI: 30% off in DJI Black Friday sale
- Razer: 50% off for Cyber Weekend
- Icebreaker: 30% off storewide 27th November – 30th November
- Realme: 15% off their e-store
- Telstra – Save up to $1,000 off on a range of devices at Telstra
- ASUS: Black Friday Sale Up to $200 OFF
30+ Black Friday Deals in the US
- Yoox – 50% off Top Designers for 48hrs
- Adidas: Buy A Pair of Shoes, Get 30% Off Your Entire Order
- J.C. Penny: Extra 30% off when you spend $75 or more, or Extra 25% off when you spend under $75
- Anese: Get 15% off your first order
- B&H Photo Video: Gaming Holiday Specials
- Banana Republic: Extra 50% off Markdowns
- Bloomingdale’s: Black Friday Sale
- Chewy: Spend $50 Now, Get $10 Off in December
- Coach Outlet: “Limited Time: 75% Off Select Gifts
- COS: Enjoy 25% off holiday dressing when you spend $200
- eBay: 10% off select Rolex $2,000+ (Code: PICKROLEX)
- EyeBuyDirect: Buy one, get one free plus 20% Off
- Fenty Beauty: Spend $75+ and get a FREE 3-piece mini eye essentials gift
- Kate Spade: Today, we’re gifting you 50% off select styles
- New Balance: 25% off New Balance (Code: NOV25OFF)
- Nisolo: Good Tidings: 20% off Select Boots
- Our Place: $95 Always Pan
- Package Free: 20% off Sitewide
- Plants.com: Celebrate 1 Year of plants.com with 15% Off Sitewide
- Rebecca Minkoff: Take 30% off $150+ Sitewide
- Reebok: Select Zig Styles for $70
- Shopbop: New Markdowns
- shopDisney: Magical Savings Event, 20% Off Toys!
- Stacked Skincare: 50% off our best-selling Microneedling Tool
- Supergoop: Free Ground Shipping On All Orders Sitewide
- Tempur-Pedic: 40% OFF TEMPUR-Toppers
- The Sill: 30% off Snake Laurentii
- Theragun: Get $150 off the PRO
- TooFaced: 50% OFF The Entire Peaches and Cream Collection
- Uniqlo: Product Launch – Uniqlo U Recycled Down Jackets
- Urban Outfitters: Take An Additional 40% Off Sale
When is Black Friday 2020?
This year, Black Friday kicks off on Friday 27 November. Across the day, there will be a number of major sales and discounts at retailers both in the US and overseas.
What is Black Friday?
For the uninitiated, Black Friday is the informal name for the Friday following Thanksgiving Day in the US. For years, American businesses have offered massive discounts on select products, with some stores opening at midnight. As a result of the major boost in sales, the Black Friday shopping event has now moved international, with other countries offering huge savings and online deals.
Does Australia have Black Friday?
Without the Thanksgiving marker, or any public holidays, Black Friday is not historically a major event in Australia. That being said, the boost in interest has seen the shopping event grow in popularity down under in recent years. For the most part, Aussie retailers focus on Cyber Monday sales, the Monday after Black Friday.