Smol is by no means, a new slang term. The origins go back as far as 2015, however, it’s risen in popularity again thanks to a healthy dose of Cryptocurrency, NFT trading, and the usual cute doggos. So nothing really changed… But what does Smol mean? We’ve uncovered the world of tiny things and come to the conclusion, that by definition, Smol is the name given to something very small, tiny, and cute. This can refer to something in financial terms ie. Cryptocurrency, NFT trading or investing opportunities (mainly penny stocks), and extends as far as simply describing a ‘V Smol Boy’ otherwise known as a tiny animal.
What Does Smol Mean?
As mentioned, Smol is a word used to describe something that is generally very small, tiny, and cute. It’s best used verbally in a sentence, but when read via text, the user typically utters the pronunciation in their head if not to fully understand the meaning. Furthermore, when referring to something as ‘Smol’ the user typically infers that (if given the chance) they’d love to snuggle, cuddle, and squeeze said object. We’re not sure exactly what that object might be for you, but that’s typically our reaction when we see Corgi puppies (cough cough).
How to Use Smol
To give you a better idea we’ve included some conversation pieces courtesy of Urban Dictionary to help you a better understand what to expect when someone utters this, by definition, smol and cute word.
1. “That kitty is so smol.”
2. “u pp smol”
3. “awwwhhhh precious child so smol i must protect this gem”
4. “that puppy is very smol!”
5.”Bless dis smol puppr”
Anonymous Nobody's Smol Dick
Yup. It’s mine. And it’s smol.
Feelin’ cute, might burn later.
— AnonymousNobody.eth #6024⬛️🟫 SquidGang🦑 (@An0nym0usNobody) June 8, 2021
What is a SMOLNFT?
Of course, it was only a matter of time before the word made its way to the NFT universe. The word can now be found on the NFT market spearheaded by @secretlyaveryf1. The crypto artist, who will reportedly reveal their identity automatically after $1 million in #NFT sales, popularised the hashtags #SMOLNFT and #smolgang, alongside fellow artists like @EmpressTrash. Our favourite SmolNFT however, happens to be @An0nym0usNobody‘s ‘Small Dick‘ NFT (pictured) which is currently for sale at a whopping 0.01ETH or about $25.
A Blue Car Doing Donuts in a Parking Lot, 2021
— 🤏ᴬᵛᵉʳʸ ᶠᵃᵐᵒᵘˢ ᴬʳᵗⁱˢᵗ🤏 averyfamous.tez (@secretlyaveryf1) June 10, 2021
How Do You Mint a SMOLNFT?
As seems to be the case with most of the NFT’s currently on the market, the process is simple. To mint an NFT, you will require a few things, depending on which platform you use. For example, if you listing an NFT on OpenSea, you will need an Ethereum wallet that supports NFTs and an account on an Ethereum-focused NFT marketplace. Some examples of wallets that are compatible with NFTs are Metamask, Trust Wallet, and Coinbase.
To mint an NFT, you need to:
- Visit your marketplace platform (OpenSea for example)
- Follow the prompts to connect your wallet and digitally sign a message on your wallet to confirm ownership
- Create a new artwork by uploading your digital song, gift, image or another supported asset to the platform
- Add a name, description and upload a banner image for the artwork. You may also wish to assign special traits to the uploaded item, such as scarcity, uniqueness or locks.
- Confirm your creation by signing another message. At this point, your NFT artwork should appear as a collectible in your wallet.
- List the NFT on the marketplace and choose the ERC-20 token you want to receive as payment and set a royalty clause
If you’re a budding NFT creator, remember to consider all the environmental costs associated with minting NFT’s before you gun sling a bunch of pixel generated images. This is, after all, supposed to be ‘art’.
The general guidelines are as follows.
- SMOLNFT’s are generally no more than 10×10 pixels in size.
- The more animated the better. Eg. Smol Bonsai Tree that grows.
- Make sure they’re impressive and follow a mode of artistic expression.
- Consider the environment before minting.
What does Smol mean?
In internet slang, smol is an affectionate way of saying someone or something is small in size.
What is a Smol NFT?
The most recent NFT trend, Smol NFTs take the digital artwork to tiny sizes. A number of artists are now producing artworks that are around 10px x 10px in size, providing a new form of digital collectible.
How do you mint a Smol NFT?
Despite being much smaller in size, Smol NFTs produced in exactly the same fashion as regular NFTs. Depending on what platform you use, the process involves having an Ethereum wallet that supports NFTs and an account on an Ethereum-focused NFT marketplace. from the, you upload you artwork to the platform, fill in the information, confirm the creation and list the NFT on the marketplace.