It’s such a shame, isn’t it? Even when the office closes down and we’re all sent home, the work never ends; it just infringes a little bit more on our personal lives. If you, like a great number of us around the world have been forced to work from home thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic, chances are you’ve encountered what all corporate workers fear most; the dreaded video conference call. Sure, they were originally designed to create an open line of communication between colleagues, but it feels now more like a sad window into realities of our makeshift workstations. The veil has been lifted, and thanks to the power of virtual meetings, all your colleagues can now peer directly into your home, effectively putting an end to that final sanctuary all workers have left.
But fear not, it doesn’t have to be this way. Through the magic of Zoom Meetings, you can keep the dream alive by changing your background to whatever you want. Who cares if you’re crammed into the corner of the kitchenette in your studio apartment? With Zoom backgrounds, you can make it seem like you’re chilling in your Bel Air mansion. Taking a Zoom video meeting in your Daewoo Lanos? Forget it, now you’re in The Bahamas. With Zoom backgrounds, the world is your oyster and we want you to embrace it.
How to Change Your Zoom Virtual Background
Here is how you can change your Zoom Virtual Background on Desktop & Mobile.
How to Change Your Zoom Background on Desktop
- Download the Zoom app for Mac or Windows & Sign In
- Click your profile picture > Settings.
- In the left menu, click on the Virtual Background tab (Note: if you don’t see this tab, log in to the Zoom website, go to Settings and toggle on Virtual Background).
- In the Virtual Background tab, select one of Zoom’s defaults or upload your own image.
- If you have a green screen set-up, you can select that option.
- To add your own image or video, click the + icon to upload from your computer.
How to Change Your Zoom Background on Mobile
- Download the Zoom app for iOS to your iPhone or iPad
- Open the app, sign in and join a meeting.
- Tap the three dots at the bottom right to open the More menu.
- Tap Virtual Background.
- Select one of Zoom’s defaults or upload your own.
99+ Best Virtual Backgrounds
Here’s a list of 99+ best Zoom virtual backgrounds to elevate your next video conference call.