150 best truth or dare questions
The best truth or dare questions have the ability to unlock secrets and reveal desires – it’s a big reason why the classic party game has managed to stand the test of time – but it’s also a surefire way to get the party started and understand your friends better.
The rules are simple. Take turns asking each other “truth or dare?”. If a player chooses truth, they will be forced to answer a question of the asker’s choosing, however, if they choose dare, they’ll be assigned an action or task to be performed.
It sounds straightforward enough, but mastering the art of asking a good truth or question can help you break down the awkwardness barrier and make a lasting memory. Want to rule kick-on forever? Our article will focus on two lists, the best dare questions, and the best truth questions. Let’s get started.
RELATED: Looking for more fun drinking games? Check out our favourites right here.
Best Dare Questions
Good dare questions tend to have a bit more of a sultry theme, and while there is nothing wrong with that, playing with that notion can be risky. It’s worth starting slow and going with the old favourites, such as forcing one player to do a challenge for the remainder of the round. Similarly, doing something super embarrassing is always good fare. While asking your friends to post cringe stuff on social media is also worth a laugh, try not to ruin their lives. Here’s our list of the best dares to ask.
- Wear your clothes backwards for the rest of the game.
- Call a pizza place and ask if they sell tacos.
- Wear a hat made of toilet paper.
- Put on a pair of underwear on your head for the rest of the game.
- Eat a spoonful of hot sauce.
- Do a handstand.
- Run around the block in your underwear.
- Put an ice cube down your shirt and keep it there for 1 minute.
- Call a random number and try to sell them a pencil.
- Walk around on all fours like a dog for 1 minute.
- Lick a bar of soap.
- Text a random number and ask them if they want to be friends.
- Put on a blindfold and let someone feed you mystery food.
- Do a cartwheel.
- Try to lick your elbow.
- Make a prank call to a friend or family member.
- Put on a blindfold and try to put on someone else’s shoes.
- Do an impression of someone in the room.
- Call a friend and tell them you just won the lottery.
- Eat a spoonful of mustard.
- Do a push-up for every person playing the game.
- Make a prank call to a pizza place and order a hamburger.
- Wear your clothes inside out for the rest of the game.
- Put on a blindfold and try to draw a picture of a dog.
- Do an impression of a famous celebrity.
Best Truth Questions
While we often associate this game with an opportunity to force our friends to do something stupid, don’t sleep on the other side of the equation. The best truth questions for adults can reveal some deeper feelings, motivations and emotions that may not have previously known about your other players. Sure, you don’t want to go too weird with it and you certainly don’t want to make it awkward for your friends, but toe the line and see what you can uncover. Here’s our list of the best truth questions.
- Tell us your most embarrassing vomit story.
- If you had to change your name, what would your new first name be?
- Would you trade in your pet for a million dollars?
- Where was your favourite childhood vacation spot?
- What is the most childish thing you still do?
- Do you talk in your sleep?
- When was the last time you lied?
- What’s one silly thing you can’t live without?
- How many selfies do you take per day?
- What is the most embarrassing picture of you?
- What’s the longest you’ve ever spent in the bathroom?
- What’s the worst thing you’ve ever done?
- What’s the biggest misconception about you?
- Do you eat food off the floor?
- What’s the worst time you let someone take the blame for something you did?
- What do most people think is true about you, but isn’t?
- What is the biggest thing you’ve gotten away with?
- If you could be a fictional character for a day, who would you choose?
- Why did you break up with your last boyfriend or girlfriend?
- What is the most embarrassing series of texts you have on your phone?
- When was the last time you cried?
- Tell me about your first kiss
- What is the most embarrassing thing in your room?
- Do you have a hidden talent?
- What is the stupidest thing you have ever done?
RELATED: These are our favourite trivia questions for your next quiz.
Even More Dare Questions
Keeping things relatively simple, if you’re looking to get the ball rolling with a few general dares to ask, these are the ones to go for. These dares won’t be entirely revealing but it is a great place to start. Should things get a little antsy, you can always double down and go with the truth or just drink to avoid the awkwardness.
- Use a fake accent for the rest of the night.
- Call a friend and sing them “Happy Birthday.”
- Put on lipstick and take a selfie.
- Do the worm on the dance floor.
- Call a random number and ask if they have any Vegemite to share.
- Do a belly flop into the pool.
- Pretend to be a cowboy and ride an imaginary horse.
- Eat a spoonful of Vegemite and wash it down with a shot of beer.
- Drink a shot of beer through your nose.
- Sing a song in a Scottish accent.
- Text your dad and ask him if he’s proud of you.
- Text your best mate and ask him to be your wingman for the night.
- Do a moonwalk.
- Ask a random stranger for their phone number.
- Put on a pair of gloves and try to tie your shoes.
- Talk for a minute without using the letter “E.”
- Draw a portrait of the person next to you with your eyes closed.
- Act out a scene from your favourite movie using only gibberish.
- Write a poem about a toilet.
- Draw a picture of yourself as a superhero.
- Do a dramatic reading of a recipe.
- Do a breakdance move.
- Tell a story using only three words at a time.
- Strike a pose and hold it for one full minute.
- Recite the alphabet backwards.
- Give a foot massage to the person on your right.
- Say something dirty to the person on your left.
- Let the rest of the group DM someone from your Instagram account.
- Eat a banana without using your hands.
- Depict a human life through interpretive dance.
- Give a lap dance to someone of your choice.
- Show off your orgasm face.
- Do your best impression of a baby being born.
- Pretend to be the person to your right for 10 minutes.
- Do your best sexy crawl.
- Let someone shave part of your body.
- Pole dance with an imaginary pole.
- Let someone else tickle you and try not to laugh.
- Kiss the person to your left.
- Let the group give you a new hairstyle.
- Get slapped on the face by the person of your choosing.
- Write something embarrassing somewhere on your body (that can be hidden with clothing) with a permanent marker.
- Switch clothes with someone of the opposite sex in the group for three rounds.
- Imagine something in your room. Now spell it with your nose and keep spelling it with your nose until someone from the group guesses what you are trying to spell.
- After the group chooses one rude word, sing a song and insert that rude word once into every line of the song.
- Bend at the waist so that you are looking behind you between your legs. Now run backwards until you can tag someone with your butt.
- Go to the bathroom, take off your underwear and put it on your head. Wear it on your head for the rest of the game.
- Transfer an ice cube from your mouth to the person’s mouth on your right.
- Call the 3rd contact on your phone and sing 30 seconds of a song that the group chooses. No talking.
- Find the person whose first name has the same letter as your first name or whose first name’s first letter is closest to yours. Now lick their face.
RELATED: These are our favourite ‘Would You Rather’ questions.
Even More Truth Questions
These truth questions will give you a brief overview of the answerer’s life. While these questions won’t give you a lot of insight, they are a good place to start, giving you somewhere to go in future rounds. With these options, you’re able to gain a little more information on your other players, which you can use to your advantage in the future. From embarrassing things they’ve done to their deepest, darkest fear, these truths are seriously interesting.
- When was the last time you peed in bed?
- What is your deepest darkest fear?
- What is something your friends would never expect you do?
- What’s the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done?
- Have you ever broken the law?
- What is the weirdest trend you’ve ever participated in?
- What’s the worst thing you’ve ever said to anyone?
- If you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
- What would you do if you were the opposite sex for a week?
- What’s your biggest regret?
- What’s something you’re glad your mum doesn’t know about you?
- What’s the worst thing anyone’s ever done to you?
- Have you ever been caught doing something you shouldn’t have?
- Have you ever lied to get out of a bad date?
- Have you ever peed in the shower?
- Who do you text the most?
- Have you ever shit yourself since you were a child?
- What is the most embarrassing thing your parents have caught you doing?
- What secret about yourself did you tell someone in confidence and then they told a lot of other people?
- When was the most inappropriate time you farted?
- If you could date a fictional character, who would it be?
- What is the grossest thing that has come out of your body?
- Who have you loved but they didn’t love you back?
- Have you ever been fired from a job?
- What is the grossest thing you have had in your mouth?
- What is the biggest lie you have ever told?
- Have you ever made out with someone here?
- Have you ever cheated or been cheated on?
- What are your top three turn-ons?
- Who is the person you most regret kissing?
- Who was the last person you licked?
- What colour underwear are you wearing right now?
- Do you have any fetishes?
- What’s a secret you’ve never told anyone?
- What are your thoughts on polyamory?
- What’s your biggest fantasy?
- What was the most awkward romantic encounter you have had?
- Who is your crush?
- What is the naughtiest thing you’ve done in public?
- What is something that people think you would never be into, but you are?
- What’s the worst intimate experience you’ve ever had?
- Who would you like to kiss in this room?
- Where’s the weirdest place you’ve had sex?
- What’s an instant deal breaker in a potential love interest?
- What’s the worst date you’ve been on?
- Who’s the sexiest person here?
- What is your favourite thing that your boyfriend or girlfriend does?
- Describe your most recent romantic encounter in detail.
- What is the weirdest thing you have done for a boyfriend or girlfriend?
- Tell me something you don’t want me to know.
Related: These are the best Never Have I Ever Questions we could come up with.
How To Play Truth or Dare
If you’ve never played truth or dare before, the game’s rules are relatively simple.
Rules – The round will begin with a player being asked if they’d prefer to answer a truth question or to do a dare. You can select the player either moving around the circle in a clockwise direction, so everyone has a go, or by random. Often this comes in the form of a bottle spin. Once they’ve chosen, the question or dare-master will indulge them, but here, the player is faced with a choice. If they then refuse to answer the question or do the dare, there’s often a forfeit involved – usually in the shape of a shot. Now, you see where the adult theme is coming in.
Tips for Good Truth or Dare Questions
Now, even the best Truth or Dare questions can be a recipe for tension among your friends. Before you kick-off, it’s worth taking stock of who is and isn’t really into the game. Here are some simple tips you can follow to ensure no one gets their feelings hurt and you keep your friendships intact.
- Survey the players – The first step in starting a game of Truth or Dare is to measure the enthusiasm for the activity. Watch people’s faces and reactions when the game is first suggested and you’ll quickly figure out who isn’t that keen on playing. Rather than forcing them to sit out, you can include them, however, tailor your truth questions to less intrusive topics. Similarly, it might be an idea to get other players in on the approach.
- Think about feelings – More often than not, you’ll find yourself playing the game with friends, so it pays to think about past experiences. You should always be conscious of feelings. Make sure you aren’t bringing up old wounds and be considerate. You don’t want to lose a friendship over a poorly thought-out Truth or Dare question.
- Keep it fun – Sounds easy enough, but it’s worth a mention. No one wants to play a game of Truth or Dare where every round they are forced to do 100 squats. That ain’t fun, that’s fitness.
What are good truth questions?
The best truth questions are those that bring up some intimate facts you may not have known previously. Rather than coaxing some deep, dark secret out of your friends, you should ask questions relating to emotional response. Ask them what their biggest fear is, what is something their mum doesn’t know about them and if they have any kinky fetishes.
What can I do if I can’t think of any truth or dare questions?
While there are the staple choices, you can also make use of an online Truth or Dare Question generator. This can help get the ball rolling and kickstart the conversation.
What are some dirty Truth or Dare questions to ask?
It’s pretty straightforward, but when you want to get a little frisky during Truth or Dare, it pays to play the tease game. Don’t go straight for the obvious; ask them about their fantasies and what they’ like to do, given the chance.