Prepare to blast off through space and time because March 2023 is serving up a smorgasbord of interstellar entertainment on Disney+. We’ve got everything from a thrilling third season of a Star Wars sensation to long-awaited comedy sequels to heartwarming sports stories that are sure to get you cheering. So whether you’re a Jedi Master or a rookie baller, there’s something for everyone on the streaming platform this month. Here’s what’s New on Disney+ in March 2023.
In this New on Disney+ article…
Disney+ is gearing up for an exciting March with major releases, and it all starts with Star Wars: The Mandalorian season three on March 1. Get ready for an action-packed ride with Din Djarin and Grogu as they face new challenges in a galaxy far, far away.
Star Wars: The Mandalorian: Season 3 (March 1)
Kicking off the month is the highly anticipated third season of The Mandalorian. The latest instalment will follow the adventures of our favourite bounty hunter, Din Djarin (Pedro Pascal), and his companion Grogu, as they navigate the tumultuous galaxy after the fall of the Empire. This season promises to be an action-packed ride filled with new enemies and old allies. The latest Mandalorian season three trailer even contains a shot where we see several guards holding lightsabers, which means this won’t be the last of Jedi Knights. With Season 3 landing on Disney+ on March 1st, 2023, we can’t wait to catch up with our favourite intergalactic hero.
History of the World, Part II (March 6)
If you’re looking for a good laugh, then you simply can’t afford to miss out on History of the World, Part II. This long-awaited sequel to the iconic Mel Brooks film has finally arrived after four decades, and it’s bound to tickle your funny bone in all the right ways. The STAR Original Series is packed with hilarious sketches from some of the biggest names in Hollywood, as they take us on a journey through different periods of human history.
The Banshees of Inisherin (March 8)
For those who enjoy a good drama, The Banshees of Inisherin is a must-watch. Starring Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson, the movie tells the story of two lifelong friends whose friendship is tested when one unexpectedly ends it. As Farrell’s Pádraic tries to repair the relationship, events quickly escalate with shocking consequences. Fans of the 2008 black comedy-crime film In Bruges will want to give this one a go.
Chang Can Dunk (March 10)
If you’re looking for a heartwarming tale, check out Chang Can Dunk, a Disney+ Original Movie that follows a high school student who bets the school basketball star that he can dunk by Homecoming. As he embarks on his quest to find the hops he needs to impress his crush and gain respect from his peers, Chang discovers more about himself, his friendships, and his family.
Boston Strangler (March 17)
True-crime enthusiasts won’t want to miss Boston Strangler, a STAR Original Movie that follows the reporters who broke the story of the notorious Boston Strangler murders in the 1960s. The film follows Loretta McLaughlin played by Keira Knightley, a reporter for the Record-American newspaper, who becomes the first journalist to connect the murders. With personal risk, she and her colleague bravely pursue the story to uncover the truth.
Bono & The Edge: A Sort of Homecoming, with Dave Letterman (March 17)
U2 fans won’t want to miss Bono & The Edge: A Sort of Homecoming, with Dave Letterman. This Disney+ Original documentary takes us on a journey with the legendary duo as they return to Dublin and reflect on their musical accomplishments. With never-before-seen footage and interviews, fans will get an intimate look at their songwriting process and the inspiration behind their greatest hits.
Doogie Kamealoha, M.D.: Season 2 (March 31)
Last but not least, “Doogie Kamealoha, M.D.” is back with a second season on Disney+ this March. Join Lahela as she balances being a teenage doctor and navigating her complicated love life. Will she choose her first love or the charming bad boy? Tune in for drama, romance, and plenty of heartwarming moments.
Everything New on Disney+ in March 2023
But wait, there’s more. In addition to new movies and TV shows, there will also be new episodes of your favourites to keep you firmly planted on your couch. Don’t miss out on anything, be sure to check out the full list of everything dropping on Disney+ in March 2023:
- Star Wars: The Mandalorian: Season 3
- True Lies: Season 1 (STAR Original)
- Virgin: The Series: Season 1 (International)
- The Wonderful Autumn of Mickey Mouse (Disney+ Original)
- Finding Michael (STAR Original)
- New Year’s Eve (International)
- Making the Wish: Disney’s Newest Cruise Ship (Special)
- Mpower: Season 1 (Disney+ Original)
- Will Trent (STAR Original)
- The Cry of the Butterflies: Season 1 (International)
- Air Crash Investigation: Season 2 Still Missing Morgan: Season 1
- UnPrisoned: Season 1 (STAR Original)
- The Nightingale of Bursa (International)
- Believe Me: The Abduction of Lisa McVey
- Killer Under the Bed
- Pandora: Beneath the Paradise: Season 1
- SuperKitties: Season 1
- Up Here: Season 1 (STAR Original)
- The Watchful Eye: Season 1 (STAR Original)
- The King of TV: Season 1-2 (International)
- Magic of Disney’s Animal Kingdom: Season 2
- Marvel’s Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur: Season 1
- Rye Lane (STAR Original)
- How I Met Your Father: Season 2 New episodes weekly on Tuesdays
- Grey’s Anatomy: Season 19 Midseason return 8 March, new episodes weekly on Wednesdays
- Not Dead Yet: New episodes weekly on Thursdays
- The Simpsons: Season 34 New episodes weekly on Wednesdays from 15 March
- American Dad: Season 18 New episodes weekly on Wednesdays
- Bob’s Burgers: Season 13 New episodes weekly on Wednesdays from 22 March
- Station 19: Season 6 Midseason return 8 March, new episodes weekly on Wednesdays
- Star Wars: The Bad Batch: Season 2 New episodes weekly on Wednesdays, double episode finale 29 March
- Alaska Daily: New episodes weekly on Wednesdays
- Tokyo Revengers: Season 2 New episodes weekly on Sundays
- Big Bet: Season 2 New episodes weekly on Wednesdays, finale 22 March
- Call It Love: Season 1 2x new episodes weekly on Wednesdays
- Dino Ranch: Season 2 4x new episodes 1 March
- Eureka!: Season 1 6x new episodes 15 March
- Firebuds: Season 1 4x new episodes 1 March
- Hamster & Gretel: Season 1 New episodes 29 March
- Marvel’s Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur: Season 1 5x new episodes on 1 March, 5x new episodes on 29 March
- Spidey and His Amazing Friends: Season 2 New episodes 1 March and 8 March
What new movies are coming to Disney+ in March 2023?
These include History of the World: Part II, The Banshees of Inisherin and Chang Can Dunk.
What new series are coming to Disney+ in March 2023?
These include The Mandalorian: Season 3, Boston Strangler, and Doogie Kamealoha, M.D.: Season 2.