If you’re looking for something fun to do in Melbourne that’s a little bit different, why not give go-karting a crack? Not just for adrenaline junkies, Go-karting is by far one of the most underrated activities out there and it’s the perfect way to fill a weekend with a bit of adventure and thrill. If you’re planning on going go-karting in Melbourne, you’ll be spoilt for choice thanks to countless new spots opening up around the city. To get you started, here are the best spots that will guarantee speedy, bumpy, memorable times.
The Best of Go-Kart Tracks in Melbourne at a Glance
1. Ace Karts
If you’re looking to go-kart outdoors, then look no further than Ace Karts. The outdoor venue has some epic tracks, and you can drive way into the night at speeds up to 75km/h. It doubles as the perfect party venue – catering to any party no matter how big, even offering a BYO alcohol option. Perfect for summer go-karting or your next big shindig, Ace promises a good time.
Address: 20 Carrington Dr, Albion
Hours: Monday – Wednesday 9am – 9pm, Thursday – Saturday 9am – 11pm, Sunday 9pm – 10pm
Phone: 1300 926 015
2. Le Mans Entertainment Go Karts
Le Mans Entertainment is another outdoor spot for go-karting in Melbourne that we can’t get enough of. The track is 650m in length with several track configurations, and you can drive up to five types of cars, plus the track hosts up to 23 racers at one time, so it feels just like the real deal! We recommend this place if you’ve got kids in tow – the electric go-karts are ideal for younger folk as little as eight years of age. The perfect day out for the whole fam.
Address: 11 – 55 Waterview Close, Dandenong South
Hours: Wednesday – Thursday 12pm – 10pm, Friday 12pm – 1pm, Saturday – Sunday 10pm – 11pm
Phone: (03) 8787 8741
Featured Video from Man of Many
3. Karting Madness
Karting Madness is one of the top places to go karting in Victoria if you like to go all out. It’s the largest indoor track in Australia, with a fully enclosed track over 600m long that’s full of fast straights, tight turns and technical corners. We love how you can see your live timings while you drive and the fact all ages can join in the fun, with three different kart types for drivers, from newbies to pros, and even a racing simulator if you don’t feel quite up to par for the real deal. Afterwards, relax at the arcade room or get a bite to eat at the cafe.
Address: 9/841 Mountain Highway, Bayswater
Hours: Monday – Saturday 9am- 10pm, Sunday 9am – 8pm
Phone: (03) 9720 8284
4. Auscarts Racing
If you’re in the mood for go-karting in Melbourne’s CBD, Auscarts Racing is your place, located just minutes from the CBD in Port Melbourne. These guys boast a state-of-the-art 450m indoor racing track that plays host to casual racing for small groups of drivers or a range of race packages for larger groups. Expect speeds of up to 55km/h, sunken corners and super-long straights.
Address: 50 Salmon St, Port Melbourne
Hours: Monday – Friday 10am – 9pm, Saturday – Sunday 10.30am – 10pm
Phone: (03) 9646 6015
Things to Consider for Melbourne Go-Karting
If you are looking to hit the go-kart track, there are a few things you need to consider beforehand. Importantly, not all tracks are the same and often, you’ll find specific restrictions based on age, height and different factors that you’ll need to be aware of. Similarly, if you’re not a competent driver, you might want to stay at a lower level before making your way to the big leagues. Here is what you need to consider for the Melbourne go-kart tracks:
- Price: Perhaps the most important factor in identifying which track to hit, the price will ultimately determine the feasibility of your event. While most go-kart tracks in Melbourne are fairly priced and all sit around the same value point, the lower-cost options generally come with some extra annoyances. Firstly, the lower-price options will usually be a little further out of the city, increasing your travel time. Secondly, the selection of different classes and kart options might be limited.
- Age and height limits: Something to consider, particularly if you are planning on go-karting with kids, is the age and height limits. Certain classes of vehicles are not allowed to be driven by minors and there may be certain safety requirements that you’ll need to abide by. Ensure you check the track’s website prior to attending.
- Driving ability: It sounds simple, but if you’re a bad driver on the road, you’re probably going to be a bad driver on the track. If you’re not sure, we recommend taking a lower-class of vehicle, to begin with. From there, you can build up your confidence and then join the bigger class races.
How Man of Many Chose the Best Go-Kart Tracks in Melbourne
When it comes to choosing the best go-kart tracks in Melbourne, discerning the difference between a track with food, amenities, safety features and a range of vehicles is just as important as finding the best value go-kart track in town. This list of the best go-kart spots in Melbourne was collated using a mixture of first-person experience, along with online customer reviews from both Facebook and Google. These reviews helped to craft an overview of each track, allowing Man of Many to rank them accordingly. Similarly, distance from the CBD, travel time, amenities and overall track design were also considered for the final grading.
Alternatives to Go-Karting in Melbourne
If you’re looking for other things to do in and around Melbourne, we’ve got you covered with some of the options listed below. There are a bunch of great things to do in Melbourne that will keep you entertained and in full flight year-round.
- Date Ideas in Melbourne for an Unforgettable Night
- Fun Things To Do in Melbourne
- 14 Best Thrift and Vintage Stores in Melbourne
- Best Live Music Venues in Melbourne
- Best Beaches in Melbourne for Surfing and Swimming
There are a number of providers that offer electric go-karts in Melbourne, however, the best option is Le Mans Entertainment Go Karts.
Ace Karts has the fastest go-karts. The outdoor venue has vehicles that can reach speeds of upto 75km/h.
The best spot for Go-Karting near Melbourne CBD is Auscarts Racing. Located just minutes from the CBD in Port Melbourne, this venue boasts a state-of-the-art 450-metre indoor racing track.
Featured Video from Man of Many