We’ve all dreamed of sleeping naked, but so often we don’t dare, for fear that it will upend society’s mores to a dangerous extent. Well, guess what: amid all the flurry of news about things you love that are going to kill you, good news has come shining through: sleeping naked is not just convenient and pleasurable, it’s actually good for you.
One of the biggest keys to nudity’s benefits in bed is the fact that when you’re nude, you’re cooler – literally as well as figuratively. When your body cools down, it is liable to fall asleep faster, and sleep better once you’re under: the more comfortable temperature improves your rapid eye movement sleep, that thing we’ve all heard of that we’re fairly sure is good.
The list goes on: better sleep means better skin, less stress, higher self-esteem, and lower risk of diabetes and heart disease. It almost goes without saying that it can also improve your relationship, since let’s face it, a relationship based on a foundation of naked sleeping is a lot more solid than one that, to be blunt, isn’t.
Here a 12 key reasons you should be sleeping in the nude:
- You fall asleep faster.
- You’ll have better sleep quality.
- It keeps your skin healthy.
- It reduces stress and anxiety.
- It prevents weight gain.
- It lowers the risk of heart disease and diabetes.
- It promotes vaginal health.
- It increases male fertility.
- It boosts your self-esteem.
- It can improve your relationship.
- It can save you money without needing to turn on the A/C.
- It can make you feel sexier.
So tonight, sleep soundly, safe in the knowledge that when you stripped off before you hit the hay, you were doing the right thing for your health.