If you’re searching for delicious eats in Queensland, you’ll find some of the best restaurants right on the Gold Coast. Sun, surf, and some of the freshest and tastiest food around? Sounds terrible, eh? (Kidding). But with so many restaurants to dine at on the Gold Coast, it can be hard to narrow down which eatery to tick off your list first. So, we’ve done the hard work for you and scoured the city to bring you the crème de la crème of Gold Coast dining. Here’s our list of the best Gold Coast restaurants. Let’s dig in, shall we?
Table of Contents
- Best Gold Coast Restaurants at a Glance
- 1. Eddy & Wolff
- 2. Misono Japanese Restaurant
- 3. Restaurant Labart
- 4. Garden Kitchen & Bar
- 5. Social Eating House
- 6. Nineteen at The Star
- 7. The North Room
- 8. Miss Moneypenny’s
- 9. Jimmy Wah’s
- 10. Yamagen Japanese Restaurant
- 11. Greenhouse Canteen & Bar
- 12. Kiyomi
- 13. Etsu Izakaya
- 14. Gemelli Italian
- 15. Rick Shores
- 16. Orzo
- 17. Anekawa Japanese Restaurant
- Things to Consider for Gold Coast Restaurants
- Alternatives to Gold Coast Restaurants
- How Man of Many Chose the Best Restaurants on the Gold Coast
- Gold Coast Restaurants FAQs
Best Gold Coast Restaurants at a Glance
- Best overall: Social Eating House
- Best fine dining: Restaurant Labart
- Best for Asian cuisine: Eddy & Wolff
- Best casual: Garden Kitchen & Bar
1. Eddy & Wolff
- Address: 12/44 Commerce Dr, Robina QLD 4226
- Phone: 0481 838 433
- Hours: Tues-Thur 5.30pm-10pm, Fri – Sat 12-2.30pm, 5-10pm
Eddy & Wolff is a bit of a hidden gem in the Goldie, a restaurant where east meets the west. With a vibe straight out of a cosy bar in Japan or Hong Kong, you’ll feel like you’ve stumbled right onto the streets of Asia. You’ve gotta try the signature ‘Baby Pho’, which is made in a 48-hour simmering bone broth. Wash it down with a selection of Japanese whisky and rare sake, and you’ll be booking your next reservation before you’ve even finished your meal.
2. Misono Japanese Restaurant
- Address: Level 3/158 Ferny Ave, Surfers Paradise QLD 4217
- Phone: (07) 5592 9770
- Hours: Tues-Sun 5.30pm-10pm
Continuing with the Japanese influences, Misono is a unique eatery that combines the energy of Japanese artistry with local flavours, creating an unforgettable dining experience. Featuring three elements, including the vibrant teppan dining experience, a live sushi bar, and a whisky bar, there’s something for everyone at Misono. We recommend going for head chef Henry’s Choice banquet, featuring a range of steak, chicken and pork dishes served with miso soup, Misono salad, Hibachi vegetables, prawn appetisers and steamed rice.
3. Restaurant Labart
- Address: 2a/8 West St, Burleigh Heads QLD 4220
- Phone: (07) 5576 3498
- Hours: Sun 12-3pm, Thurs & Fri 5.30pm-11pm, Saturday 12-3pm, 5.30-11pm
Get ready to indulge in an epicurean adventure at Restaurant Labart, one of the best Gold Coast restaurants. The culinary scene got a major upgrade with the arrival of Sydney chef Alex Munoz Labart and his wife Karla, who bring their European flair to the local dining scene. With only 60 seats, this bistro is intimate and cosy. You can choose a set menu for lunch or dinner, or order a la carte with dishes like Spiced pork loin, zucchini, cinzano pork, and spiced duck fat potatoes.
4. Garden Kitchen & Bar
- Address: Casino Level The Star Gold Coast, 1 Casino Dr, Broadbeach QLD 4218
- Hours: Thurs-Sun 12-2.30pm, 5.30-10pm, Mon 5.30-10pm
Garden Kitchen & Bar at The Star Gold Coast is a must-visit dining destination. From the main dining area with a lush wall of greenery to an outdoor area with live music and a beer garden bar surrounded by beautiful lawns, the atmosphere is just as good as the food and drinks list. Pick your poison from a creative cocktail list, then enjoy entrées such as smoked lamb cutlets with spiced carrot puree, and mains like crispy whole fish with a soy, ginger, and citrus glaze and wok-tossed Asian vegetables.
5. Social Eating House
- Address: Shop 137/3 Oracle Blvd, Broadbeach QLD 4218
- Phone: (07) 5504 5210
- Hours: Mon-Sun 12pm-12am
Following recent renovations in late 2022, Social Eating House has come back stronger than ever, solidifying its place as one of the best Gold Coast restaurants. Get swept away by the unassuming and down-to-earth vibe as you chow down on the mouth-watering menu crafted by the two-hatted chefs. Start with a platter of sashimi, before moving onto the famous one-kilo saltbush lamb shoulder. Finish with a serving of the coconut + five spice panna cotta.
Featured Video from Man of Many
6. Nineteen at The Star
- Address: Level 19, The Darling at The Star Gold Coast, 1 Casino Dr, Broadbeach QLD 4218
- Hours: Mon-Tues 7-10.30am, Wed-Thurs 7-10.30am, 5.30-10pm, Fri-Sun 7-10.30am, 12-3pm, 5.30-10pm
The Star Gold Coast is the epitome of top-notch hotel dining on the Gold Coast, home to a bunch of the best Gold Coast restaurants all conveniently nestled under one roof. Among these is the unparalleled Nineteen at The Star, a wildly popular eatery where you’re very likely to spot a celeb or two. Indulge in meals like shallot tarte tatin, and rock lobster bolognese, all while taking in breathtaking views of the sparkling coastline from 19 floors above.
7. The North Room
- Address: 1/2527 Gold Coast Hwy, Mermaid Beach QLD 4218
- Phone: 0468 311 003
- Hours: Thurs 5-9.30pm, Friday and Sat 12-2.30pm, 5-9.30pm
The North Room is an absolute standout on this list, and undoubtedly earns the title of one of the best Gold Coast restaurants. This chic bistro is run by the talented husband and wife team of Tim and Shannon Stewart and serves up a sophisticated European dining experience with impeccable service, a relaxing ambience, and a seasonal set menu featuring the freshest local ingredients. Indulge in creative dishes like veal tongue, spanner crab and bay lobster.
8. Miss Moneypenny’s
- Address: 50 Surf Parade, Broadbeach QLD 4218
- Hours: Mon-Sun 12pm-8pm
For some seriously good globally inspired modern Mediterranean cuisine and expertly crafted cocktails, check out Miss Moneypenny’s. Boasting both a stunning architectural design and an eclectic menu, Miss Moneypenny’s Broadbeach takes Gold Coast dining to the next level. From the seared wagyu beef carpaccio to the hiramasa kingfish ceviche, to the signature Voodoo Zombie cocktail with Miss Moneypenny’s secret rum mix – everything on the menu is expertly crafted and will leave you hankering for more.
9. Jimmy Wah’s
- Address: 1724 Gold Coast Hwy, Burleigh Heads QLD 4220
- Phone: (07) 5659 1180Hours: Mon-Sun 12-2.30pm, 5.30pm-9pm
At Jimmy Wah’s in Burleigh, you’ll find a contemporary twist on traditional Vietnamese cuisine. A departure from the typical Asian street food experience, Jimmy Wah’s offers a sophisticated vibe that’s perfect for a casual yet upscale dining experience. You’ll find delicious, flavour-packed dishes like braised short beef short ribs on steamed buns, pork and prawn Vietnamese pancakes, Banh Mi, and tempura bug tail on betel leaf.
10. Yamagen Japanese Restaurant
- Address: 7 Staghorn Ave, Surfers Paradise QLD 4217
- Phone: (07) 5584 1266
- Hours: Tues-Thurs 5:30–11 pm, Fri 12-3pm, 5.30-11pm, Sat 5.30-11pm
For a cool and casual izakaya-style restaurant that blends traditional Japanese cuisine with modern flair, check out Yamagen in Surfers Paradise. Enjoy the fresh sashimi, intricate sushi, and tasty share plates. For a truly unforgettable experience, sample the kushiyaki from the grill or treat yourself to the Omakase, where executive chef Adam Lane showcases his mastery of Japanese cooking techniques. Wash it all down with an impressive collection of Japanese whiskey, saké, and unique cocktails.
11. Greenhouse Canteen & Bar
- Address: 1916 Gold Coast Hwy, Miami QLD 4220
- Phone: (07) 5520 7722
- Hours: Tues-Sat 5pm-9pm
After five years serving up delicious vegan and gluten free fare in Brisbane, Greenhouse Canteen & Bar only recently relocated and opened its doors on the Gold Coast. Wholly plant-focused and gluten free, this Gold Coast eatery serves up meals like cauliflower wings, sweet ‘n’ sour tofu larb, cajun jackfruit taco, and mushroom skewers. Paired with an excellent Aussie wine list and staunchly supporting local breweries, Greenhouse Canteen & Bar is sure to become a new fave.
- Address: Lobby Level The Star, 1 Casino Dr, Broadbeach QLD 4218
- Hours: Mon-Thur 5.30-10pm, Fri-Sat 5-10pm
Under the direction of renowned Executive Chef Chase Kojima, Kiyomi offers a dining experience unlike any other. Hidden away on the mezzanine level of The Star Gold Coast with a lovely intimate atmosphere set by candlelight, the menu is the real talking point. Boasting bold flavours and visually stunning dishes like seared scampi with foie gras, Hiramasa Kingfish miso ceviche, binchotan Wagyu, and expertly crafted sashimi platters, a trip to Kiyomi is wholly unforgettable.
13. Etsu Izakaya
- Address: 2440 Gold Coast Hwy, Mermaid Beach QLD 4218
- Phone: (07) 5526 0944
- Hours: Mon-Sun 4.30pm-12am
Etsu doesn’t have to try too hard to be one of the best Gold Coast restaurants – it effortlessly brings elevated Japanese cuisine—complete with whiskey and sake—right to the heart of Mermaid Beach. From sashimi to sushi, onigiri to wagyu carpaccio and beyond, Etsu is the perfect restaurant to enjoy a little slice of Japan on the Goldie.
14. Gemelli Italian
- Address: 2/2685 Gold Coast Hwy, Broadbeach QLD 4218
- Phone: (07) 5504 7413
- Hours: Mon-Wed 6-pm, Thurs 12-2.30p, 6-9pm, Fri-Sun 12-2.30pm, 5-9.30pm
For genuine Italian on the Gold Coast, there’s no better place than Gemelli. Meaning “twins” in Italian, Gemelli is the flagship trattoria in the Gemelli hospitality group and is a favourite among pizza and pasta lovers. With classic recipes handed down through generations and made with imported Italian ingredients, it’s no wonder Gemelli earned its reputation as a must-visit Gold Coast eatery. From wood-fired pizzas to creamy gnocchi bowls, every dish on the menu is worth raving about.
15. Rick Shores
- Address: 3/43 Goodwin Terrace, Burleigh Heads QLD 4220
- Phone: (07) 5630 6611
- Hours: Sun 11am-9pm, Tues-Thurs 11.30am-10pm, Fri-Sat 11am-11pm
Word on the street is Rick Shores is the place that convinced Baz Luhrmann to shoot the Elvis biopic on the Gold Coast, apparently sealing the deal with its famous Moreton Bay bug roll. With breathtaking ocean vistas and a distinctly laid-back atmosphere, there’s plenty to love about Rick Shores, and that’s before we get to the lobster and garlic chive har gow, and sl ow-braised beef short rib with a rich massaman sauce. Savour the experience by finishing off your meal with a refreshing Rick’s Martini.
- Address: 1N-02, The Oracle, 3 Oracle Blvd, Broadbeach QLD 4218
- Phone: (07) 5570 3476
- Hours: Mon-Sun 12–3 pm, 5:30–9 pm
Orzo is a gorgeous contemporary coastal Italian restaurant and the second venture of renowned hospitality duo Matt and Dayna Jefferson. Opening in early 2020, this eatery has quickly made a name for itself as one of the best restaurants on the Gold Coast. With a menu featuring incredible, handmade pasta dishes like lamb ragu ravioli to charcoal gnocchi, every dish will leave you salivating for more.
17. Anekawa Japanese Restaurant
- Address: C4/50-54 Railway St, Mudgeeraba QLD 4213
- Phone: (07) 5645 6462
- Hours: Tues-Sat 5pm-9pm
For an authentic Japanese dining experience on the Gold Coast, look no further than Anekawa. Showcasing the diverse flavours and ingredients of the region through its frequently changing menu, the culinary team at Anekawa combines traditional Japanese cooking techniques with the use of fresh, locally sourced produce to create an exceptional dining experience. Order the chargrilled Noosa flame tail snapper and clay pot rice with beef a la carte, or leave it up to the chefs with an eight- or nine-course omakase experience.
Things to Consider for Gold Coast Restaurants
If you want to make sure your Gold Coast lunch or dinner is up to scratch, there are a few key things to consider. Whether you are a Queensland local or just a blow-in for down south, here is what you need to know:
- Location: The Gold Coast is a lot more than just Surfer’s Paradise, so when you are booking a restaurant, make sure you check the distance from your hotel, house or apartment. Areas such as Southport can be quite a distance from the main thoroughfare regions and you must give yourself enough time to get there.
- Menu & Variety: Being so close to the water, seafood should be number one on your list of go-to dining options. When you view the menu, check if there are any locally-sourced fish options available as these will regularly be the freshest options.
- Outdoor dining: The whole benefit of dining on the Gold Coast is taking in the beautiful scenery on display. Look for a restaurant with an ocean view or at the very least, outdoor seating for the best bang for your buck.
Alternatives to Gold Coast Restaurants
If you are looking for other great things to do while you are on the Gold Coast, we’ve got you covered. Check out our guides to bars, cafes and activities happening on the Queensland tourist hotspot.
- Best Gold Coast Beaches
- Spots for the Best Fish and Chips on the Gold Coast
- Best Surf Schools on the Gold Coast
- Best Theme Parks on the Gold Coast
How Man of Many Chose the Best Restaurants on the Gold Coast
With an editorial team full of foodies, Man Of Many has had the unique opportunity to directly sample and experience food from the best restaurants on the Gold Coast. This list is also based on our in-depth research and customer reviews of Gold Coast restaurants.
As expert journalists who guide people between competing products and services, we have provided our independent opinion in formulating Man of Many’s selections. Our editors have taken into account food, drinks, and atmosphere to bring you this list. You can review our editorial policy here on how we maintain our independence in our editorial reviews.
Gold Coast Restaurants FAQs
Looking for the best restaurant on Broadbeach? Good news – there are loads! But the standout would have to be Social Eating House + Bar thanks to its incredible dishes and impeccable service and atmosphere.
The best restaurant for families on the Gold Coast would be Misono thanks to its diverse menu that’s good for kids and adults alike. Plus it has an all-round lovely family-friendly vibe you can’t beat.
The best Gold Coast restaurant with a view would have to be Rick Shores, a mainstay on any list of best restaurants on the Gold Coast. Perched on the edge of Burleigh Heads, few water views are as impressive as the ones through the venue’s floor-to-ceiling windows. Plus, the menu is pretty dang amazing too.
Featured Video from Man of Many