8 Best White Sneakers for Men to Wear in 2024
Outlast any trends and pick yourself up a pair of the best white sneakers for men. These white shoes will achieve staple status in your wardrobe with unmatched practicality and timeless appeal. Unlike their coloured counterparts, they’re a blank canvas for style and you can seamlessly add them to any look. Choose the comfort level you require, the style you’re trying to achieve, and the purpose you need them for and you’re on the way to finding your perfect white sneaker. Check out the list of our favourites below to get you started.
Best White Sneakers for Men at a Glance
Our list of the best white sneakers for men goes like this:
- The best white sneakers for men overall: Nike Air Force 1
- For casual wear: adidas Stan Smith
- For formal occasions: Common Projects Achilles Low
- For streetwear style: New Balance 550
Now we’ve had a look at our favourites, let’s check out the complete list.
Table of Contents
- Best White Sneakers for Men at a Glance
- Alternatives to These White Sneakers
- Why You Should Trust Our List
- White Sneaker FAQs
1. Nike Air Force 1
Price: from $170 AUD
No white sneaker on the planet is more recognisable than a classic pair of white Nike Air Force 1’s. You couldn’t put together a list of white kicks together without mentioning them. Originally named after the Air Force One – the plane that carries the U.S. President – Nike’s iconic AF1 sneakers launched in 1982 and was the first basketball-style shoe to carry Nike Air technology.
Today, the sneakers have taken on a history of their own away from basketball. They’ve transcended the sneaker subculture, moving from the streets of Brooklyn to the suburbs where they’re continuing their legacy as a stylish option to wear with blue denim jeans, chino pants, and more recently, cargos. While they’re more about style than function, the Nike Air unit in the heel offers high levels of comfort combined with the supple white leather upper, especially when compared to the popular leather and canvas options.
Materials: Leather upper, foam midsole, rubber outsole.
2. Oliver Cabell Low 1
Price: from $390 AUD
If you’re looking for a formal-style white sneaker, the Oliver Cabell Low 1 in White is the best-value-for-money option on our list. We’ve been talking about and supporting this brand for a long time because we stand behind the quality and comfort of this shoe. Not only is this the best Common Projects alternative we’ve ever had our hands on, but it also has the ability to elevate your business casual outfit to a whole new level. Each sneaker is handcrafted in the Marche region of Italy out of soft calfskin leather and incorporated Margom outsoles into the mix for all-day comfort.
Construction: Hand-stitched and lasted in Marche, Italy.
Upper: 3oz full-grain calfskin leather from Marche, Italy.
Outsole: Margom Italian outsoles
Footbed: Italian calf-skin over removable moulded insole.
Lining: Italian calfskin leather.
Counters: 3oz full-grain calfskin leather from Marche, Italy.
Laces: Italian cotton.
3. adidas Stan Smith
Price: from $170 AUD
We have a serious soft spot for the coveted adidas Stan Smith. Making our short list of the greatest sneakers of all time, the shoe single-handedly created the white sneaker trend as we know it today. It’s a tennis shoe first and foremost, but the overall shape lends itself to street style today with the only notable details being the perforated three-stripe detailing on the lateral side and the coloured heel with branding.
There are several styles of Stan Smith to choose from today, including a ‘Lux variant with premium leather, but we always recommend the classic original Stan Smith with green heel tab.
Materials: Primegreen upper, made from a series of high-performance recycled materials.
4. Reebok Club C 85
Price: from $150 AUD
For us, the Reebok Club C 85 is more than a blast from the past, it’s an affordable white sneaker for men with loads of style. We think you’ll love the soft leather upper with forward-facing arrowhead design, and when you pair that with the white midsole and silver accents it creates one of our favourite sneakers for everyday wear. Seriously, there’s a good chance that we’re wearing these four or five days out of the week and buying two or three pairs at a time to have a few backups.
In terms of style, Reebok’s traditional window logo box runs laterally across the quarter panels, while the brand logo is emblazoned atop the heel counter. The versatile nature retro nature of these sneakers makes them perfect for most styles of dressing, from athleisure to business casual. There’s a pretty good reason everyone’s wearing them.
Material: Soft leather upper, moulded sock liner.
Colourway: White/ White/ Black
5. New Balance 550
Price: from $190 AUD
What started with the Aime Leon Dore collaboration has transformed into an all-out onslaught of basic colourways of the New Balance 550. This includes a host of white colourways, including our favourites, the white and grey silhouette seen here. As is the case with every New Balance model, quality is at the forefront and the shoe features a perforated leather upper set atop a rubber boot-style footbed for comfort. Pair these with some Carharrt double-knee pants for all the social media influencer steeze you can muster, alternatively, grab some linen trousers for summer wear.
Features: Premium leather upper, lace-up closure for a secure fit.
Colourway: White/ Grey
6. Common Projects Original Achilles Low
Price: from $440 AUD
Once great, always great. No list of the best white sneakers for men would be complete without a pair of Common Projects Achilles Low. These are making a bit of a comeback as of late as people go back to the office more often and the global pandemic is years behind us. These are an investment, with one of the highest price points of all the white shoes on our list, but we’ve held onto our CPs for the last few years and have worn them more often than some of our most coveted sneakers.
To pull these off today, look away from the norm of chinos and a button-up shirt and aim for something a little more style-conscience the next time you wear your Achilles. Grab a pair of cargo shorts, a plain white t-shirt, and crisp white tube socks for a great modern outfit.
Features: White leather, gold stamped serial numbers, leather linings, rubber soles, Made in Italy.
7. Myrqvist Oaxen
Price: from AU$275
If you’re looking for a smart casual white sneaker let us draw your attention to the Myrqvist Oaxen in white calf. We’ve been wearing these since they were released and they’ve become a staple part of our wardrobe with a comfortable Portuguese leather construction that doesn’t take much time to break in.
These are a great option for those with wide feet and the upper is malleable, comfortable, and moulds to your foot after only a few wears. In terms of cushion, don’t expect New Balance levels, but the outsole balances comfort and wear times for increased longevity. If we had to knock something, it’s the packaging that misses out on a dustbag and shoe trees, something we’d expect at this price tag. Still, it’s an affordable alternative to the Common Projects Original Achilles Low and the Oliver Cabell Low 1.
Features: Stitched construction, handcrafted in Portugal, premium Portuguese leather, leather board heel stiffeners.
8. Stepney Workers Club Dellow
Hailing from East London, Stepney Workers Club delivers a low-key 90s-style white sneaker that delivers interest through an oversized rubber outsole. These are a favourite of ours as they blend the best of the simple silhouettes, such as the adidas Stan Smith, with the best of the formal sneakers, e.g. Common Projects Achilles.
Material: Premium leather, durable vulcanised rubber sole and high-wall foxings.
Price: from $215 AUD
Alternatives to These White Sneakers
If you didn’t find what you’re looking for on our list above, check out these options below:
- Unseen Footwear Helier (from AU$350): Making some of the best understated white shoes for men in Italy, Unseen Footwear’s Helier silhouette uses tumbled leather to create a classic tennis-style sneaker. More than just a great alternative to Common Projects, the shoe balances comfort and durability with an Italian-crafted sole unit. Details are kept extremely minimal with the Unseen stamp logo embossed on the tongue and a signature 3M strip on the heel with branding.
- Vans Authentic (from $99.99 AUD): White sneakers are all about simplicity, and it doesn’t get much simpler than a Vans Authentic in white. The ever-popular shoe is the original, iconic Vans. A low-top design with a simple, streamlined silhouette, the Authentic features reinforced metal eyelets, Vans’ signature waffle outsole and not much else. Barebones and simple, just as most fans like it. We recommend wearing these casually with a white t-shirt and jeans or shorts.
- Converse Chuck 70 Low Top Parchment (from $150 AUD): Created in 1917 as a non-skid basketball shoe, the Converse Chuck 70 celebrates the original Chuck Taylor All-Star with the addition of contemporary details. We love how the brand has retained vintage elements for the low-top silhouette, including stitching on the sidewall and a heavier canvas upper. You’ll also notice that the canvas gives this white sneaker for men more of an ‘off-white’ hue which we love, and prefer in all honesty.
- Converse Jack Purcell (from $140 AUD): Originally designed and worn by badminton world champion Jack Purcell in 1935, we think these Converse are timeless footwear options. For us, it starts with the signature ‘smile’ branding in black on the toe cap juxtaposed against the otherwise all-white silhouette. Also one of our favourite minimalist sneakers for men, the JPs are ideal for athleisure and off-duty casual looks, or even paired with heritage workwear staples like wool trousers, flannel button-downs, and chore coats. How do we know these are stylish? Well, it turns out they were the footwear of choice for Charles and Ray Eames.
Why You Should Trust Our List
When it comes to choosing the best white sneakers for men, expertise is key. Man of Many has remained an active member of the sneaker sub-culture since we were founded in 2012, and today, remain focused on all the latest sneaker news, reviews, and more as we continue providing the best sneaker information in Men’s Lifestyle. In the case of white sneakers, author Ben McKimm has focused on simplicity, availability, and price point. While the list includes sneakers that range between $100 and $600 there are great white sneakers for men to be found at all ends of the price range. Most importantly, all the shoes below will remain in stock, with limited releases removed.
White Sneaker FAQs
We recommend wearing blue jeans or basic khaki/ tan chino pants with your white sneakers if you’re looking for a smart casual look. When you’re going for a business casual look, we’d recommend some pleated suit-style pants from the likes of Uniqlo.
We wouldn’t recommend wearing white sneakers with a suit unless you’re in an environment where sneakers are acceptable e.g. casual Friday, you’re going to lunch with the team, or you’re on a boat and the dress code permits sneakers only. Instead of wearing white sneakers, opt for a simple loafer.