Last night, on the 25th of March, in one of Sydney’s finest restaurants, IMG announced the preliminary schedule for the 2019 Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. The event, held at Rosetta in the Rocks district, was a glamorous affair with Moët & Chandon and Disaronno Amaretto Sours in the hands of all those who attended.
Along with some of Australia’s most prominent fashion designers, a list of curated emerging talent and international labels have also been added to the MBFWA Resort 2020 collection. In terms of a menswear focus, we are particularly excited to see what Justin Cassin will bring to his third consecutive MBFWA runway after a very successful year launching in China, Singapore and South Korea.
Another one of our favourites, Double Rainbouu is returning and is always a treat with their colourful apparel and fun runway shows.
A last but certainly not least menswear label to highlight is the EX INFINITAS debut (Pictured above). The brand brings a lot of promise and extraordinary talent after confirming Fabien Montique, the Image Director for Off-White and creative consultant to Kanye West, to creatively direct the show. A few more highlights are below:
- AJE will open MBFWA 2019 with the Mercedes-Benz Presents show on Sunday 12 May
- Bec & Bridge will open the first day of shows on Monday 13 May
- Numerous Australian designers will return to the MBFWA schedule, including Albus Lumen, Alice McCall, Anna Quan, Bec & Bridge, Hansen & Gretel, Lee Mathews, Leo & Lin, Mariam Seddiq, TAFE NSW Fashion Design Studio, Thurley and We Are Kindred.
- Tigerlily returns to MBFWA after 17 years, having last showed in 2002; a leader in conscious, sustainable fashion.
- Alice McCall will celebrate 15 years in business with her MBFWA 2019 show
- Designers debuting on the MBFWA schedule this year include Bondi Born, Ex Infinitas, Jonathan Simkhai & Matteau.
To view the full schedule list, visit the MBFWA website.