Microsoft’s upcoming Surface Laptop 2 is impressively 85 percent faster than the original Surface Laptop. The boosted performance is thanks to the new Quad Core 8th generation Intel processor. It’s the same processor found in the new Surface Pro 6. Prices start at AUD $1,499.
This new generation aims to deliver the perfect balance of quiet beauty, performance and portability, without sacrificing the 14.5 hours of battery life you need to get through your day. That’s longer than any MacBook or MacBook Pro. For comparison, the latest MacBook Pro lasts around 10 hours on a single charge.
Starting at 1251 grams (2.76 pounds), Laptop 2 offers a 13.5-inch PixelSense Touch Display and a best in class keyboard and trackpad.
Here are the tech specs:
- Solid-state drive options: 128GB, 256GB, 512GB or 1TB
- Screen: 13.5” PixelSense Display
- Resolution: 2256 x 1504 (201 PPI)
- Aspect ratio: 3:2
- 3.4 million pixels
- Surface Pen enabled
- Touch: 10 point multi-touch
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 8GB or 16GB RAM
- Intel UHD Graphics 620 (i5)
- Intel UHD Graphics 620 (i7)
- 1 x full-size USB 3.0
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Mini DisplayPort
- 1 x Surface Connect port
- Compatible with Surface Dial off-screen interaction
- Windows Hello face authentication camera (front-facing)
- 720p HD camera (front-facing)
- Stereo microphones
- Omnisonic Speakers with Dolby Audio Premium
Laptop 2 appears meticulously crafted with a premium finish that design freaks will likely obsess over. It’s available to pre-order in four colours – Burgandy, Cobalt Blue, Platinum and the new Matte Black.