You’ve heard of 11 herbs and spices? Well, how about 11 courses. Aussie KFC fans, find your only shirt that doesn’t have gravy on it because it’s time to get boujee. In a world-first, KFC Australia is bringing a new 11-course KFC Degustation restaurant to Sydney from Friday 1 until Sunday 3 April, giving the iconic menu the fine-dining treatment.
The restaurant was developed in partnership with Australia’s degustation king, Nelly Robinson of nel. restaurant. From starters to desserts, fans should expect the unexpected as they experience the Colonel’s finest feeds elevated to new heights.
“For the menu, I’ve taken 11 KFC dishes and reimagined how the flavours and textures come to life using my expertise in degustation menus to truly blow fans away.”, said Robinson in a press statement. “From Wicked Wings cooked on charcoal fires to edible stencil art of the Colonel’s face, we have crafted a high-end dining adventure, just like guests would find at my degustation restaurant. So, we can’t wait to see their reactions to each of the devilishly good dishes.”
The 11-course menu will feature a decadent selection of dishes all inspired by the KFC menu and ingredients. They described a few of the dishes below:
- Supercharged Wings – Cooked over a bed of charcoal, these are not only supercharged but beautifully charred wings
- Potato and Gravy – Blink and you’ll miss it! This dish is a marvel to behold as the gravy candle (yes, that’s right!) melts, dip your potato bun into the “wax” and enjoy *chef kiss fingers
- Tongue Twister – Don’t be shy, there are no rules here! Pick up your plate and lick off the Colonel’s face to relish the flavours of Kentucky Fried Chicken, tomato, lettuce and Pepper Mayo
- Twister Sister – A fresh take on our Twister, this one comes with pearl barley risotto, sundried tomato, pumpkin and last but not least our Chicken Tenders
- Popcorn Chicken – It’s the Popcorn Chicken our fans know and love paired with celeriac soup, mushroom gnocchi and basil topped off with an edible floral garnish
- La Di Da Drumstick (aka Fried Gold) – Our iconic Original Recipe drumstick dusted with quinoa and gold ‘coz we don’t call it Fried Gold for nothing…
- Our Chocolate Mousse – Dipped in nitrogen, these mouthfuls of scrummy chocolate mousse are ‘oh-so-good’ and will literally melt in your mouth
KFC says they are keeping a few secrets up their sleeve for the lucky participants. If you’re eager to find out what else is on the menu, you can sign up to the waitlist by heading to the KFC website.
Slated to open its doors on Friday 1, fans have only three nights to try the KFC Degustation with sitting held each evening at 5 pm and 8.30 pm at a secret venue in Sydney’s Alexandria. For $75 a head, guests will be served the 11-courses and fine wines to match with the la di da treatment. And, to make this fancy fried chicken even better, KFC is donating 100% of the profits to its charity partners: The Black Dog Institute, ReachOut Australia and Whitelion.
For more information and to sign up for the waitlist, head to the KFC website.