American Express is opening a new lounge at Sydney’s International Airport providing card members with a spacious, fully-featured retreat to await their flights. Opening October 23, the new lounge is located near Gates 50-63 at Sydney Airport’s T1 terminal and is three-times the size of the original lounge at over 600 square metres, with more amenities, dining options and variety of relaxation spaces.
The lounge is operated by global premium airport hospitality specialists Plaza Premium Group and offers guests a premium airline lounge experience, including:
- Three shower suites featuring L’Occitane en Provence products.
- Complimentary food and beverages featuring a variety of vegetarian, vegan and wellness options, an exclusive dining area, and live cooking stations.
- Full service bar including a selection of cocktails and wide selection of craft and international tap beers.
- High-speed Wi-Fi and charging stations and quiet resting areas.
- Flight information screens, and a selection of local and international magazines and newspapers.
“Travellers appreciate the stress-free environment, complimentary dining, and luxury amenities that our American Express Lounges offer,” said Naysla Edwards, Vice President of Brand and Experiences at American Express.
“Opening this new, spacious and convenient American Express Lounge at Sydney Airport is part of our ongoing commitment to providing our card members with premium travel benefits, exceptional hospitality and best-in-class facilities and experiences.”
The new American Express lounge at Sydney Airport’s T1 International terminal is part of the brand’s broader Global Lounge Collection, which offers Platinum and Centurion Card Members access to more than 1,200 airport lounge locations across the world. American Express Members holding cards from other tiers can still benefit and access lounges, albeit within certain limits. Find your nearest lounge at the Global Lounge Collection website linked below or by using the Amex Mobile app.